Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W809C - Satellite channels re-sorting themselves

tleddy
Explorer

KDL-50W809C - Satellite channels re-sorting themselves

This TV is such a disappointment. In addition to the problems already mentioned I've having an annoying problem with satellite channels which I wonder if there's a fix for.

The TV has scanned Astra 2E and picked up the free to air channels. No issues there.

I sort the channels in my order of preference. The interface for doing this is a bit clunky, but it works.

Now for the really annoying part. A number of days later, the channels will revert to their original position when first tuned in. I've no idea why it's doing this. I haven't rescanned the satellite or touched the satellite tuning or channel order in any way. It's done this on me about 4 times in the space of three weeks.

Anyone have any ideas if this is a fault or just a setting I need to change?

I've sent a message to Sony support but as expected have received no response.

71 REPLIES 71
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

One can easily imagine that screwing with the region would imply other issues. I am not doing that and I also don't recommend it to others. Sony needs to fix that. But they probably won't. How hard can it be not to force the regional channel sorting all the time?

That's true. The easiest thing for a TV manufacturer is a total mess for Sony. There are many things that must be fixed and also many missing things that MUST BE ADDED. Simple and cheap 30 euros receivers have those things. Why Sony does not?

And I mean this:

ali.PNG

What is so difficult for a Lock, a Skip, a Move, an Edit or a channel preview? What is so difficult for a LCN option and a normal channel moving by not swapping channels positions? :grin::smiley::smiley:

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I just checked NIT in DVB SI data and the TV indeed uses the LCN (logical channel number) for the sorting. It is totally stupid to force LCN sorting on a Auto Service Update in case the user has chosen a custom sorting. It should only be done on a manually triggered full auto scan in my opinion.