Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W755C Audio System setting not producing sound out of Soundbar

SOLVED
ceanth
New

KDL-55W755C Audio System setting not producing sound out of Soundbar

I have a Sony KDL-55W755C and have recently bought a Soundbar which I am connecting via an optical cable.

When I bought the bar I plugged it in and everything seemed to work fine, I didn't change any settings and sound was coming out of both TV speakers and sound bar at the same time. I went into the sound settings and changed the output to Audio system. When I selected this, the sound came out of the Soundbar only. Changing this setting made a big difference to the sound which came out of the soundbar, when TV was selected the sound was ok, but when Audio system was selected the sound was much better.

I woke up the next day, turned on the TV (I keep the TV on standby) and there was no sound. I changed the sound setting back to TV speaker and I then got sound out of both TV speaker and Soundbar. I changed the setting back to Audio System and I get no sound out of the sound bar at all.

I found the following guide:

https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40198/~/the-tv-does-not-output-sound-through-the-d...

"Go into the Sound or Speakers menu of the TV and select External Speakers or Audio System."

I have no idea why this is now stopped working. The optical cable works because sound comes out of the bar when TV speaker is selected but I really want to only use the Soundbar in Audio system setting as the sound was much better out of the sound bar.

Can anybody advise as to why this isn't working for me? Is there anything else which needs to be selected to get the soundbar to work when Audio system is selected? I tried turning the TV off and back on but it made no difference.

The weird thing is that it worked on the first day I bought it, when I turned the TV on the next day it stopped working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try going to the sound settings and set digital audio out to PCM. See if that helps

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try going to the sound settings and set digital audio out to PCM. See if that helps

Cheers

ceanth
New

Thanks Quinnicus, that worked :slight_smile: