Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W800C PA firmware to EU Firmware

Sunch8ser
Explorer

KDL-55W800C PA firmware to EU Firmware

Hi All,

I have a KDL55W800C purchased via sony global sales (military) that is running PKG2.613.0052PAA. I am now living in the UK ( where I believe the equivalent set is the KDL55W805C), and needless to say I don’t get the freeview channels in the right order, etc (but I do get the EPG).It has a DVB-T tuner and I get HD channels fine as well, just the order is way off.

I would like to upgrade the set to the EU release of the firmware so I can get the youview update and freeview channels in the right order, etc.   I see this release is PKG2.623EUA_Auth, which I have downloaded to the usb and attempted to upload to the bravia, but I get the message that it will not accept the usb device. After that initial try, every time I put in a usb device (and I have tried a few usb sticks of different makes and format for fat or exfat) the bravia only gives me the choice of selecting the photo, music, or movie folders – and no longer sees the potential firmware update.  Going through software update on the menus states there are no updates available and software is up to date.Is this part of the known USB issue – or am I in error thinking I can apply the EU update (since that is where I am now).

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to get the set normalized for operations in the UK vice Pacific Rim. 

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I got your PMs about this, however your issue is different to the issue that others have had in regards to updating the FW.  To be honest, I cannot advise you, as I simply do not know the effects of changing the FW from one region to another.

Only a week or so ago, someone purchased a TV from Spain, and wanted it to work in the UK, which YouView would not install - even though its the same Firmware throughout the EU.  I do not know what the outcome of that was, but can only assume that the TV needs to be transferred ona backend database somewhere.  

Basically, I dont really know the process moving the TV to a different region.  What I will do is escalate this post to Sony Support, for them to advise accordingly.  

Please ensure you have accurate contact details in your account profile.  

Cheers