Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W808C software update error (2123)

profile.country.GB.title
ColBUK
Explorer

KDL-55W808C software update error (2123)

I cannot update the software on my Bravia. I have tried connecting through my home WiFi, a LAN connection into the TV and also a Vodafone 4G mobile WiFi router. The update reaches between 28-98% before stopping. Then I get an error message, which usually says 'the update server is temporarily unavailable...Error (2123)'. Sometimes it says 'network error' (even though I don't experience the internet dropping out on any other devices I have connected. I have tried several times over the past few months before giving up. 

I have four of these TVs in various places - this is the only one which struggles to update. It's barely a year old.

Anyone else managed to solve this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.  I’ve raised this with the relevant team and will let you know when there's more info to share.

Thanks, 

Owen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

You can download the update here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-w75xc_w80xc-series/kdl-55w808c/downloads/... and to follow the instructions on this page to update his TV via USB media.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
ColBUK
Explorer

OK, great. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
ColBUK
Explorer

It didn’t work. Did the loading, seemed to relaunch, but it’s not updated.

Still won’t load Netflix or anything. Says ‘update required’.

Not happy.

profile.country.GB.title
ColBUK
Explorer

I have now tried this several times. I have tried unplugging the power for several minutes, I've tried using a new USB stick. I have sepearately downloaded the software three times as well. None of this is working. I still get 'PKG2.343.0010EUA' as the software version.

When the USB is inserted, the software update begins, rarely gets beyond 50% and then the TV reboots. It gets halfway (with the word 'Android' part animating) before the reboot seems to begin again with the word 'SONY' sppearing and the rest of the Android boot display. But still no update.

Tried the 'download' attempt to update again... gets to nearly 60% and then 'update server temporarily unavailble. Error: (2123)'

This TV is barely a year old - this is deeply frustrating.  

profile.country.GB.title
ColBUK
Explorer

I have tried this repeatedly and it still doesn't work. I have also attempted with the latest release (March 2018). I've also tried:

:: Factory resets.

:: Power cycle shutdown.

:: Reformatting the USB (twice).

:: Contacting Sony UK directly - and getting no response at all.

When the USB is detected, the page which says it's taking files from the USB gets to 50%, then the TV restarts twice but no update is performed.

Tripplej
New

Hi did you manage to sort this, s I’m having same issue.  Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
ColBUK
Explorer

Hi,

I'm afraid not. I am still trying to get anyone at Sony to help. Their email suport staff go round in irrelevant circles and the four Sony Service Centres I tried from the Sony website just say 'try someone else'. Not even the offer of paying an engineer to visit is working! All rather hopeless really. If or when I get a solution, I'll post it up here because there must be more with this problem - and I'd hate for anyone to endure the months of headbanging with Sony that I'm going through.  

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Clearing memory in regards to when the firmware is failing at a certain percentage or giving a 2123 error code, Sony Service Center(s) used to send a file according to own a non 4K or a 4K TV for the first ATV1 and ATV2 models(2015 and 2016).

I don't know if those files are still usable on Android Nougat firmware.

Ask your local Sony Service Center if the can send you those files, includind the exact procedure of applying.

Careful on those files - one is for a 2K tv and the other for 4K according to Ex-Member.

Have a look here which is for another issue:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/master-thread-marshmallow-update-amber-green-blinking-led...