Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W809C Stuck on Sony logo

profile.country.GB.title
Grogs01
Explorer

KDL-55W809C Stuck on Sony logo

Hi 

KDL-55W809C  stuck on “Sony” logo after a  Wi-fi update. I’ve downloaded the updated firmware, fat32 USB stick, etc. 
The Problem is that the TV is stuck on the Sony logo and is not responsive to the remote control, the buttons on TV & no lights on the base of the tv. It does not recognise the USB stick in any format I’ve tried.
Any help would be gratefully received

kind regards 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jextra
Explorer

I have re boot loop issue, on a 77 AG9. I was watching the TV last night when mid viewing the tv informed me it was going to reboot, ever since its stuck in a loop and eventually goes to the welcome  screen displaying languages but gets stuck, if you press any button on the remote it hesitates to respond then shuts down and re-boot's again. I have followed the instructions regarding the power and volume button while reapplying power but none of this works my I've now got a £4,000 tv less than 4 months old totally useless does anyone know where I go from here ?  

Update for this I had waited for the second reboot  before touching the remote, the TV decided to let me proceed to setup but then gets to quickly setup your tv with android I select "skip" the screen goes blank I here a click and then the screen returns seconds later, if i press any key on the remote screen goes blank again and comes back to the quickly set tv with android, what is going on here .

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@jextra 

You go back to the retailer.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
jextra
Explorer

Hi it was John Lewis, because of covid they refuse to look at it in my home, I really don't want them to take it away it's a massive 77" panel they are sure to damage it. I spoke to Sony they said they will look at it in the home without removing. I am thinking its just software, I don't really want a £4,000 tv taken to bits and buggered on with when its only 3 months old I really think JL should replace it. 

profile.country.GB.title
jextra
Explorer

You may need to try the procedure several times (from the beginning) before this issue is resolved:
Android TV continuous reboot issue ( not so sure about the maximum 5 times attempt I must have tried this approximately 10 times then left it an hour and went back to it and it worked first time. Do remember not to retune do this after you've done storage reset.

WARNING: Performing a factory reset should be considered as a last resort, as it will remove all the settings, self-installed applications, channel sorting etc.

1. Unplug the AC power cord from the electrical socket for 5 minutes. Then reconnect.
    2. Press and hold the [VOL-] and [Power] buttons on the TV (not on the remote)Press and hold the VOL- and Power buttons3. Re-plug the AC power cord in while keeping the [VOL-] and [Power] buttons pressed down on the TV
    4. Please hold down the buttons until the LED turns green, this process may take 30 seconds or more
    5. Let go of the buttons
    6. The TV will restart itself twice and then return to the initial setup screen. If the TV does not restart by itself and return to initial set-up screen, please repeat steps 1 to 5 until this occurs (maximum of 5 tries). If this does not occur after the fifth attempt, please call our support line for further support
    7. If you reach the initial set-up screen, go through the initial setup. However, do not tune any channels or register your Google account
    8. Once in the HOME menu, go to [Settings] > [Storage and reset], and perform a factory reset. Failing to perform a factory reset after doing the forced factory data reset may cause some applications and features to be lost
    9. Complete the factory reset
    10. Once your TV returns to the initial setup screen, complete the setup as normal (add tuning settings, a Google account etc.)
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Keep us updated guys, did it work for any of you?