Join now - be part of our community!

KDL40RE453

profile.country.GB.title
stevied

KDL40RE453

I have a KDL40RE453 connected through a BT TV box. The box recently played up so I tried to watch netflix through the TV but found that all my apps have vanished. I went to settings and found my TV was not connected to then internet even when I used an ADSL cable direct. I tried to refresh my internet content using the method I was toild but I found in my settings I have no refresh internet content. As a last resort I gave the TV a factory reset thinking it would clear my internet settings but it hasn't. I even tried manually entering my IP number and all the other info but the TV keeps saying I am connected by cable but not to the internet. Is it me being stupid or is there a fix for this. I tried, settings, set up, system set up, network set up. All that came up was Status, IP settings, check connection. All Sony help I ask for says it should also have a refresh internet connection setting but it doesn't.

When I go to all apps on the home screen it just says "photo frame"

I have disconnected the TV from the BT box all to no avail. The TV was fine at my old address. HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

Very confusing!  My experience is that the TV does not like having both ethernet and WiFi connections.  I have chosen WiFi.  If you go for ethernet pls be aware that the TV and the BT box are different devices and thus get different IP addresses.  I suggest you specify static IP addresses in you router settings.

I use the BT box (hdmi-1) to watch television (because recording is better) and the TV acts only as a monitor.  The internet conection for the TV is not needed.

I use the TV (digital) for its Android TV - YouTube, Kodi, VLC and Internet browsing, which of course requires internet connection, in my case WiFi.

profile.country.GB.title
stevied

Set static ip addresses? Sorry that is a level above me. How do I select wifi on the tv? Unless something is missing I don't seem to have a choice between the two. All I want to do is make the thing forget my settings and go back to the initial set up for network settings. I have even  left it disconnected from the mains for 7 days, factory reset but it still won,t give me the option to refresh network settings. I have, as I said,tried to manually enter the ip settings. My other older bravia seems to be simplicity itself compared to this one. It has all its apps and managed to connect to my internet connection after our move without problem. It even has a refresh network settings feature!

profile.country.GB.title
stevied

I have also tried disconnecting the BT box to no avail and running the TV on its own. I don't really want to start messing about with router settings and risk losing all my connections. Do you think I should disconnect my other tV and see if that makes a difference?

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

Your first sentence is that you view TV through the BT Box (I assume YouView), which probably uses Ethernet cable to your router.  Then you can forget about Internet to the TV, as you are only using it as a Monitor.

If you instead want to view TV on the TV, you do need Internet, but do not need both WiFi and Ethernet.  To choose WiFi just disconnect the Ethernet cable.  For me this my preferred option.

Static IP-addresses: suggest you reed your router manual!