Join now - be part of our community!

KDL55-W807C update has 'bricked' our TV

profile.country.GB.title
mathurl74
New

KDL55-W807C update has 'bricked' our TV

Can anyone help?

Last week our TV apparently tried to carry out an update overnight as we came down in the morning with it stuck in a reboot cycle. It will start up, show the sony screen, then the Android spinning colours, then restart back to the sony screen…… and repeat.

I have tried the suggested help page and spoken to the Sony support team but they have been incredible unhelpful and have basically said that the 3 year old TV should be repaired at our own cost, even if it can.
I find this amazing as it was their update that has caused the issue! Has anyone else had a similar experience or know how to reload the full operating system, not just the android update? I’m an electronics tech so if its that far out of warranty and Sony wont help, I’m happy to tinker before writing it off and buying a new (non-sony) TV.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Have you tried a Factory Reset on your TV? You can see how to perform this here.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
masiv4
Explorer

Lot's of people have had a similar problem after Android update.  Factory reset didn't work for me.  Ask them to send you a USB stick with the latest Sony software update.  In some cases that helps. You just put it in and it automatically loads.

Good luck