Renrut

KE-48A9 recording failure effects

I have a 1TB SSD that recorder registers as 931gb free 

There is nothing in my recording list 

there is nothing in the reminder list

there is 0 recordings

the tv records a random channel every day @ 19:47 ending 20:47 

the recording errors and produces 20 + entries in the recording error list 

these errors cannot be deleted (attempt produces an error) 

when this occurs the digital channels fail 

they cannot be changed via any means ( choices from epg or up down remote select)  

prior to this time ( I assume on change of day) they work fine from you view or free view guides 

I have factory reset tv to no change

i have deregisted and re registered hdd to no effect

any ideas from the hive minds on this?

49 REPLIES 49
profile.country.GB.title
Renrut

Further info

I reformatted the disk BUT left it out while the 19:47 deadline passed. Behold the tv reported “recording will start shortly” and proceed to record - well failing and producing 17 entries into the error log that can’t be deleted. 

it seems the app doesn’t care if there is no registered disk attached.

it seems that the app doesn’t clear the database of errors even when forced to do that using setting. 
The digital feed fails after the ghost recording fails and I assume restarts after day change (I don’t stay up that long to check️)

I tried setting a recording for that time and got an error “Booking has failed Please connect the hdd device…” So it at least knows the system has no disk. 

Do Sony monitor this forum and actively help?

profile.country.GB.title
Renrut

I agree with what you say and am on the looking at PVRs instead of the TVs functionality 

but if this problem persists it will spoil daily viewing of digital channels - a factory hard reset even failed to fix it - the ghost recording lived through that process TWICE. 

Grrrrrrrrr

profile.country.GB.title
Renrut

Just realised the disk is a HDD not SSD and is powered via the USB - but I deregisted it and removed it and the app still persists the error situation 

Help Sony help I’m drowning in badge awards 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Renrut@Mooly01 

Another option is a YouView box, of which there are plenty on eBay, or at CeX.

Get a DTR-T2xxx, a DTR-4000, or a BT Pro box.

YouView boxes have only a slight family resemblance to the pale shadow that is YouView on Sony, and are robust twin-tuner 500GB or 1TB PVRs that can record terrestrial TV in HD or SD, as Freeview PVRs can.

They don’t have recording capability beyond their hard drive, like the Panny or like any disc you might plug into your TV though; but I anyway think these are hedged around with restrictions, certainly on HD content.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Its very strange that a full factory reset isn't clearing everything.

Is it genuinely going back to out of the box state after the reset where it asks you to enter every detail, set WiFi up, accept T&C's etc. Is it doing all that?

profile.country.GB.title
Renrut

Yep it went through the whole gambit of password puzzler. 

I had de-registered the hdd prior to the reset so no hdd plugged in at all. After reset without doing anything else I opened the recorder app (from remote button) - there they were the list of errors persisted from 19:47 the previous day. 

ahhhhh. 

sony sent me a nice badge though when I replied to some other posts

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

I've no real answer I'm afraid. I just looked at my recording errors (loads because of me taking that minute off start times) but they all deleted correctly.

Hard to say if yours is a 'real' fault as such (hardware) or some major oversight/glitch in the way the firmware works. 

Did you check the firmware is up to date? 

Has this worked OK in the past and is this a new issue, or is this the first time you have tried the app?

profile.country.GB.title
Renrut

I’ve had tv since 2022 and for first year didn’t record or even had hdd attached as I had virgin box but recently (2 months) got rid of it - cost too  much. 

I recorded 1 program to trial the app which worked - a series recording from the guide  

i noticed though that the program only recorded the last 10 mins and then went on to the next program. I deleted the entries (it put an entry saying “search for next episodes” in the list)

from that point I’ve had the problem that still exists 😵💫

as for firmware I’ll check today 

thank for the pointers

profile.country.GB.title
Renrut

Just checked and I have auto update on so I assume the tv is up to date software wise as for firmware I’ll check with Sony site. 

profile.country.GB.title
Renrut

Checked the software version is PKG6.5076 which on the Sony site is the latest (and supposedly solves the exact problem I’m experiencing 

• Resolves an issue where there was no picture and/or sound when switching to Terrestrial input

So whatever is causing that Sony haven’t solved it 

hello Sony are you there 🤔