Join now - be part of our community!

KE-48A9 - Screen goes blank

profile.country.GB.title
Phil_Orkney
Explorer

KE-48A9 - Screen goes blank

I keep loosing the picture on my TV but the sound keeps going. The screen is balnk with the word RRAVIA in the bottom right hand corner.

What is causing this and how can it be resolved

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

I have the same TV - I have seen that Bravia message bottom right only when the TV thinks there is no signal and has been idle for a while in that state..

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey guys, try the steps mentioned on the below link to resolve the issue:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors/articles/00153674

@ccarmock, what's the model number of your TV?

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

I have a KD-48A9, effectively the same TV as the original poster.  This issue has just started to happen with mine.   It maybe able Google pushed out updates the the Android Core Services which recently installed.

When watching terrestrial TV (via the staellite input) and also watching an expernal player connected to an HDMI port I have had instances where the screen will go blank, the Bravia logo will appear bottom right and the sound continue.

It is as if the TV thinks there is a static image and activatign the screen saver.    I am goign to open a Sony support case - but know they'll ask me to try various resets and then say contact a repair centre.  However this is clearly somethign affecting more than one persona nd recently too.