Join now - be part of our community!

Kodi on KD-43XG83 series keeps buffering

profile.country.GB.title
micallefgilbert
Explorer

Kodi on KD-43XG83 series keeps buffering

Hi all,

I just bought the KD-43XG series and this was an upgrade from the KD-43Xe series.

I have installed Kodi on the XG and films were scrobbled but when I click on a film it just plays 3 sec and then black screen. If I leave it for some time it comes up the buffering circle and takes a lot of time. This is connecting to the network to a pc where I store my movies.

With the previous 43XE did not have any issues and I am wondering if this is a fault on the new tv or the XG has a new network card that is not powerful enough to stream movies from pc.

Any help would be really appreciated as this is a 1-week old tv and if there is something wrong I could ask for a replacement. 

Thanks and good day

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the community.

Could you provide the full model number for your TV so that we can
look into this?
In the meantime there is some information here for a similar model that may help you.

Best wishes,
Ed

profile.country.GB.title
micallefgilbert
Explorer

Hi Ed 

Thanks for the reply. My full model is KD-43XG8396.

My next door neighbour has the same model as we bought them the same day and brought tv to my house. We set up everything like my tv and did excetly the same. So I am assuming is something in common in the network card.

But maybe you can shed some like on this.

The very strange thing that the previous one I had the KD-43XE 8096 worked perfectly.