Join now - be part of our community!

Latest ATV2 update (V6.5603) has introduced big delays in loading the picture settings menu

profile.country.GB.title
SesioNLive

Latest ATV2 update (V6.5603) has introduced big delays in loading the picture settings menu

Hello,

sadly the latest ATV2 update (In my case V6.5603 for XE9005) has introduced a huge delay for opening the picture settings from the action menu.

Now when you use the action menu and click on picture settings, it takes around 7 seconds to display the actual settings menu.

1) Open action menu via remote control
2) Select picture settings and press enter on remote control
3) Now you will notice that the action menu disappears
4) For around 7 seconds nothings happens
5) The picture settings menu shows up

(I've noticed that sometimes it loads quicker than 7 seconds, but mostly that's how long it takes to open.)

This has not been the case before the update, there it took around 1s or less.

Also since the last update switching channels on the integrated DVB-C tuner (no matter if SD, HD, UHD) is slower too.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.CZ.title
mmhorda

nope.

only you are affected. Try to reset your TV to factory settings.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

nope.

only you are affected. Try to reset your TV to factory settings.

Not exactly. I have seen the same happen on an ATV2. Pressing the ACTION MENU button and opening the picture settings from there results in a delay of several seconds.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

This is not a Sony error, but a faulty Google app update. Uninstall the latest version and disable automatic updates.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.katniss

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Which app exactly is this on the TV as I can't see this in my list of system apps?

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

Same problem here

profile.country.GB.title
SesioNLive

I can confirm that downgrading the "Google" App does indeed (at least in my short test) resolve this issue. 

However this should be anyways reported to sony, so that they can notify google. 

profile.country.CZ.title
mmhorda

What i've noticed - after this update TV randomly switches off. (switches off display).  65XD7505
Truning it back on with green power button works very quick.
I cannot find any patern to this.
It can happen in half an hour, in an hour or even later after first turn on , during watching tv, using plex app on tv or using shield over HDMI.