Join now - be part of our community!

Latest from Sony on the Catch-up situation , just got my dealer Since my a90j purchase

profile.country.GB.title
eddieseymour

Latest from Sony on the Catch-up situation , just got my dealer Since my a90j purchase

We would like to thank you again for all the support you have given Sony and its new FY21 TV range since it launched at the end of April 2021. The range has been a success and the feedback on the quality of the TVs from consumers, reviewers and importantly store staff has been extremely positive. 

You have kindly supported us in managing your customers’ expectations when it comes to highlighting the delayed availability of “catch-up” services on the new Sony FY21 Google TVs. Since we first notified you of this on 16th April 2021, Sony senior management has been working closely with Google and Youview to reach a positive outcome. Unfortunately, however, we are still not in a position where we can give you a confirmed date for the software update. As soon as we are notified of this date we will let you know immediately.

We thought it would be a good idea to highlight all the various ways you can still access “catch-up” services with a Sony FY21 Google TV. Please find a list of these below:

•              Chromecast: simply watch a catch-up service (e.g. BBC iPlayer) on your phone or alternate device and press the Chromecast button to start watching on your Google TV. Please find attached a PDF with more information relating to this.
  •              Gaming consoles e.g. PlayStation
  •              Blu-ray players e.g. UBPX700
  •              Set-top boxes: e.g. Freeview box, Sky Q, BT box and Virgin
  •              Streaming dongles e.g. Amazon Firestick and Roku stick

As a reminder, please can we ask you to update your websites with the following disclaimer against all the 2021 Google TV models:

•              “BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 & My5 are expected to be available during 2021. Some services are only available in the UK”

Please can we ask that you continue to bear with us on this. Your support is very much appreciated."

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
dabasto98

Sony is becoming the worst of all tv manufacturers.

why not just do a deal with Roku and be the best Roku TV ever.

Concentrate on TV picture quality and not the software.

do SD, HD, 4K/UHD & 8K better than everyone and leave the OS to professionals cause you are really bad at it.

if you had perfected the HDR on my crappy KD49XG9005 I’d be happy but you f’ed it up and it’s really messed up so dark. 

You are a shoddy shadow of what you should be. An embarrassment to your roots.