Join now - be part of our community!

Loading Forever Netflix 6.10 Build 2424 on Sony X8500D

SOLVED
profile.country.ID.title
sangprabv
Explorer

Loading Forever Netflix 6.10 Build 2424 on Sony X8500D

It happens on app launch., Anybody has the same experience with me? Any solution for this problem? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.ID.title
sangprabv
Explorer

OK so I got the solution, it's about DNS. I replace the wifi router DNS and use Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and now Netflix works with the TV. A bit weird since other apps and devices have no problem with previous DNS setting. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @sangprabv,

Welcome to the Sony Community! Why don't you try this:

1. Navigate to the Google TV Home Screen (If in doubt, press the Home Key).

2. Select Settings.

3. Select Apps.

4. Use the directional arrows to scroll down until you see Netflix, then select it.

5. Select Clear Data and press OK when prompted.

6. Restart your TV by holding the POWER button on the remote control until the TV shuts down

Let us know if that solves your problem.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.ID.title
sangprabv
Explorer

Hi @dutchice,

Thanks for the reply. Already followed your suggestion but still no luck for me. The spinner keeps loading without any error response. I also have reset the TV but still no luck for me.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

I see. Since how long ago are you having this issue? Have you ever seen it doing this before? Is it doing it intermittently or constantly? Are you using by any chance smartDNS or VPN solutions for the TV’s internet access?

If doing a Factory Data Reset* has not solved your problem. Then I’m afraid there is nothing wrong with the TV. Try connecting your TV through LAN. Then reboot your router and see if that makes any difference. Using your 4G mobile phone as a hotspot for the TV is the last test you can do to find out if there is something wrong with the ISP/DNS/modem/router of your home network. 

Let us us know how you get along.

Cheers,

Dutchice

*You can find instructions on how to perform a Factory Data Reset on your TV on this article.

IMPORTANT: Be aware that if you perform a factory reset, all of the TV's data and settings (Wi-Fi and wired network setting information, Google account and other login information, Google Play and other installed applications, etc.) will be erased, and the TV will return to how it was at the time of purchase.

profile.country.ID.title
sangprabv
Explorer

Hi @dutchice,

Yes, I also have tried other suggested solutions. This happened for the last few days and only wrong with the TV. Other devices (my Xperia, my Macbook) don't have any problem with Netflix. I use the same wifi network and also tried using LAN mode

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

What is the firmware version of your TV? You can verify this by pressing the HELP button on the remote control.

profile.country.ID.title
sangprabv
Explorer

Android version: 7.0

Kernel version: 3.10.79

Patch: December 05 2017

Model: KD-55X8500D

Software Version: PKG5.381.0167PAB

profile.country.ID.title
sangprabv
Explorer

OK so I got the solution, it's about DNS. I replace the wifi router DNS and use Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and now Netflix works with the TV. A bit weird since other apps and devices have no problem with previous DNS setting. 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Good news. Glad to hear one more Sony BRAVIA TV is back in line of duty somewhere in Malaysia making a user BE MOVED.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.ID.title
sangprabv
Explorer

I'm in Indonesia 🙂