Join now - be part of our community!

Marshmallow changed my country specific apps?

Caoimh1n
Explorer

Marshmallow changed my country specific apps?

Hi everyone, I just upgraded my KD-55X8509C to marshmallow (via USB), and it has installed the UK specific apps such as YouView, ITV Player etc. Does this mean that my TV will now need to be run through the initial setup process to change my country back to Ireland?

On another note, this update has made the TV very laggy, and started to run the Google movies trailers everytime I start the TV, which was very annoying until I disabled the app. But anyway, one step at a time.

I'm half tempted to do a factory reset on it anyway to see if it sorts out the lag, but I have apps on it that would need to be set up again.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You have probably answered your own questions by now.  But even though Sony said is wasnt mandatory to do a factory reset after the Marshmallow update - I would recommend doing so.  After updating my TV, it was laggy - but fixed after a reset.

Cheers

Caoimh1n
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, thank you. I ended up factory resetting the TV, and it is a lot less laggy. Interestingly, the UK streaming apps were installed again and are on the home screen even though I set the TV locale up as Ireland. Not a big problem though.