Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All

Sony has considered that the general widespread issue of this juddering issue has been solved.  However there are a couple of reports that some are still experiencing this problem.  This will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

If you are still experiencing issues on this, please contact Sony Support:
http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

Thank you

View solution in original post

279 REPLIES 279
Wud1982
New

Hi,

I have pretty much the exact same problem.

I don't get the full screen message and I have the problem on down deferent channels, not just the Ultra Hd channel.

I thought it was a fault so took the tv back and exchanged it for another 1 (same model) but the new 1 is doing it as well. 

Did id you manage to find a fix for this?

Otherwise the to is brilliant so I'm quite gutted its doing this.

Thanks,

palmeri8145
Explorer

Hi there.
No I haven't found a fix for the problem.
But I think that it has been much improved since the February software
update.
I now find that it can be days between times when the picture becomes
wobbly.
I agree that it is also on SD and not just HD.
hope this helps.

milner993
Explorer

Ive just posted this as an issue have you found a resolve for this problem yet?

palmeri8145
Explorer

Hi there. No I have not found a solution to this. It still occurs several times a week. It is with all formats SD HD 4K.

I have the BT Ultra HD set output configured for 4K all the time (so it is doing the up scaling and not the telly) and it is set to 10 bit colour.

good luck with raising the issue.

Wud1982
New

I haven't managed to completely fix this but...

The problem seems to be linked to the BT you view box / internet hub.

I have a sky box And a PS4 connect to the TV and the problem has never happened on either of these, only on BT Tv.

Ive found that when the screen starts jumping, if I move the hub away from the youview box, the screen stops jumping.

It's like spaghetti junction behind my telly so I have never got round to properly separating the cables.

But moving the boxes away from each other (I used to have the hub sat on top of the youview) defiantly improved things. It happens less often now.  It still does it from time to time but I just press the 'TV' button and it stops (I have the to button set to the BT).

just for info, I only got BT in February this year and it was ok on my old telly. Also I've tried different HDMI cables etc but it made no difference.

Hope this helps, if you have any joy with this I'd be interested to know. 

Good luck!!

milner993
Explorer

Thats really interesting as I'm also running the same Bt set up so maybe the issues really are with Bt which I would prefer its the cheaper option to get rid of 

palmeri8145
Explorer

That's interesting but in my case it is certainly not the issue. I have the BT / YouView box in a unit under the television but the BT Hub / Router is in the other corner of the room (diagonally opposite). They are connected by a 5m ethernet cable.

My understanding is that "normal" HD and SD TV comes into the BT YouView box over the aerial and that 4K, catchup and BT sport (?) come into the BT Youview box via the ethernet cable.

So, I can't really see that moving the BT Hub should make any difference.

I still think it must be a TV thing because the only way I can "fix" it is to switch the TV off and on again - restarting the BT box doesn't fix it.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@palmeri8145

Did you try a different HDMI cable for BT YouView Box?.

Try one as short as possible and very good quality. Check specifications before you buy.

In order to get access to 1080p and 4K content you shall need a High Speed HDMI cable.

Cost could be more than 20 pounds for a 60cm cable.

Also check Quinnicus topic for HDMI cables:

https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

palmeri8145
Explorer

Yes I bought a new cable around 40£ and only 0.5 m. So it shouldn't be that.