Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
frankie1g

I don't see any 2015 tvs the d denotes the 2016

I think the 2015 have nothing 

frankie1g

I have found the 2015 tvs do have the update.

But my experience of usb updating is that it's hazardous.

Is it tabled to be over the air at all? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

frankie1g wrote: 

Is it tabled to be over the air at all? 

As written above, unfortunately no - USB Download update only.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the people who say that the update patch has not worked:

1. Confirm your TV has actually updated to the new firmware.
  2. Factory Reset the TV.

If after that, and still doesnt work, please reply back with:

1. Exact model of TV
  2. Which device (i.e. SkyQ Silver)

It might also be helpful if you could create a short video clearly demonstrating the problem as well as showing the firmware version in the video.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
zAndy1uk
Explorer

Updated my 75xd9405 and had the juddering tonight while watching the ryder cup 😞 I got a video of it but didn't think it was worth uploading it to youtube cos it would only get taken down by sky. I hadn't at the time it happened done a factory reset but I've done one now and will see how it goes tomorrow. It did seem to take longer to happen, i'd probably been watching it for 3 or 4 hrs before it happened but when it did it was every bit as bad as it was before..

geeebeee72

Can you clarify what you mean. A factory data reset or an initial setup option?

im not keen on having to re download apps and set the picture up again if I can possibly avoid it. 

profile.country.GB.title
zAndy1uk
Explorer

The erase all data option I think it is, and I didn't want to do that either as it's hassle and I've had my tv calibrated so will have to reenter all of the calibrated settings again! 

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@zAndy1uk wrote:

The erase all data option I think it is, and I didn't want to do that either as it's hassle and I've had my tv calibrated so will have to reenter all of the calibrated settings again! 

Just take a screenshot with your phone of all the settings. Does not take long. I just did a factory reset on mine as getting SkyQ on Tuesday. People are so lazy lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Instructions on how to do a factory reset:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/

Cheers