Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
VRDR24
Explorer

I have same problem. black screen and led flashing green-orange. KDL-43W808C , Slovakia 10/16. Screen doesn't work, only sound in background (its like ps4 sound in menu).

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

Hi guys,

Since i updated my w808 the day of the release i've been into trouble

Somebody was posting how the screen turn black and flasing lights were changing green to orange continuosly after the update.

I'm having the same problem here. After completion on firmware install my tv was restarted to never come to life again.

I've try a factory reset (vol- power and release) nothing happens. I contacted sony for assistance and they still don't know how to fix it.  They already release a patch to solve the problem when "android" logo doesnt come off even after the factory reset, however the black screen problem is still to solve.

This is what i'm talking about:

So i will have to stay at least this weekend with no tv and listening to pepople at home crying at me 😞

Please, anybody got any idea?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HUSH2H - Excellent Idea - I have renamed the thread title to something more generic (hope you do not mind).

Dear all.

Please use this 'master thread' for discussions/news if you have this particular problem.  Also please click the 'Me Too' button on the original post - this shows the numbers of people to Sony who have this problem.

Cheers

HeisenbergBG
Explorer

+1

43W805C

2016/10

mikebennett60
Explorer

Me too. Over-the-air upgrade yesterday.

43W805C

Build date 8/16

Have spoken to Sony customer service twice today and they had not heard of this problem.

I'm stuck with a bricked TV.

I have two of this model (don't ask) so I'm not upgrading the other one!

Anonymous
Not applicable

To provide as much as an update as I can:

SonyUK/EU are aware of this particular issue - Sony Japan is also aware and is currently investigating with urgency.  But at this particular moment, there is no fix.  Unfortunately it is the weekend now, of which I will not be able to find out any more information until Monday.

vetvicka
Explorer

Hi,

i'm having the same issue, after update i have orange/green blinking

I tried to play with power a volume down button on tv with no success, then i tried different combination of buttons

and somehow the tv start play from digital tunner but only voice the tv screen is still black and o/g blink still present, the tv remote is reponding so i can change channels.

Now I'm trying update tv again and let u know what happend

Vit

43w755c

profile.country.RO.title
Solidfire
Explorer

Hi

I'm from Romania.

Same issue here!  

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

Right. Voice is the most you going to get.... Nothing but audio

Funny as support said that I was the only affected with such problem. Anyway they said technicians were working on it, and it's a new software issue they would need time