Join now - be part of our community!

Missing channel logos and guide information in YouView

profile.country.GB.title
gingerblack

Missing channel logos and guide information in YouView

Hi,

So this issue has happend again, most of the youview guide won't populate any information, some channels do some don't, all HD channels don't. All the channel logos fail to load too.

I had the same issue about 6 months ago and tried everything to resolve it before having to do a full factory reset. Retuning, disabling youview, deleting the youview data/cache didn't work.

Does anyone have any info on this as it appears not just to be a one off and I don't want to have to factory reset everytime it happens. 

XE8004

Thanks

IMG_8460.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
costyle50
New

I have the same problem with my guide on my sony bravia KD55XE8596 can't find any answers I think it must be a common fault with the TV

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @gingerblack

I'm not sure why this should be a recurring problem for you. I'll make soe enquiries and someone should get back to you.

Best wishes

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi gingerblack, 

I've seen this message before also reported by on of the users. It seems that this is an issue with the internet connection. The best way to confirm if that's the case, try connecting the TV to a hotspot network using your phone. Let us know if the same message appears.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Mick_D 

Talk to YouView.

They know all about this ongoing issue, and are apparently waiting for Sony to fix something.

In the meantime, YouView are recommending a Factory Reset to everyone with this problem.

It would seem that the refreshed software runs fine, possibly for quite a while, until something somewhere sets a wrong value or values (which is what YouView are waiting for Sony to fix), and the problem kicks in again, until another Factory Reset is done.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
gingerblack

@Mick_D 

Hi, just wondering if you followed this up at all? as the problem has just started to happen again for no apparent reason and i have still not found any other option but to factory reset to get my guide working again. It is odd that this is not a more common issue though. thanks

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@gingerblack 

Perhaps not here, but on the trolls’ playground that was once the proud YouView Community, it comes up a lot.

It is for Sony to fix; but until they do, the Factory Reset is the only relief from this, as I described above.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…