Join now - be part of our community!

Motionflow issue

profile.country.GB.title
Alex299def
Explorer

Motionflow issue

I find out something intresting about Motionflow in my KDL 50W755C. Motionflow not work in default or any other players when videofile have aspect ration other than 16:9.

72 REPLIES 72
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Indeed. The whole TV industry is totally messed up. It is not about making the best products that are fun to use, but about keeping up with the rest while spending as little money as possible. People wouldn't pay the price necessary to develop and make a good TV.

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

My opinion is the same... Consumer have to pay high prices for a lot of features, the most will not be used. But all the features are not developed to the end or are buggy. They are called SmartTVs = intelligent TVs, have integrated tuners and media players. But the internal tuners are limited and / or buggy, so advanced users have to buy a external sat receiver. The internal media players are also limited and buggy, so user have to buy an external media player like Apple TV, Nvidia Shield, FireTV, popcorn, himedia... So where is the sense of the SmartTV? Just using as a monitor??

Sony 65XF9005 - Sony STR-DN1070 - Apple TV 4K [Früher: Sony KD-55XD8005 - Sony KD-55XE8505 - Sony KD-55XF9005 - Samsung 55NU8009]

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

I checked today 3 Sony models at my local dealer..

Sony 55XF8505 - MotionFlow issue

Sony 55XF9005 - MotionFlow works for 16:9 and 1:2.40

Sony 65XE9305 - MotionFlow works for 16:9 and 1:2.40

Also tested the Samsung 55MU8009. Their TrueMotion (step 5 of 10) works for both formats, but i like more the Sony MotionFlow (step 3 of 5).

So the new XF series in XF85 and lower series will also have the motionflow issue, probably forever...

Sony 65XF9005 - Sony STR-DN1070 - Apple TV 4K [Früher: Sony KD-55XD8005 - Sony KD-55XE8505 - Sony KD-55XF9005 - Samsung 55NU8009]

profile.country.SK.title
TheAndrew
Explorer

One android TV system and different results in motionflow? How is it possible?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@TheAndrewschrieb:

One android TV system and different results in motionflow? How is it possible?

This is not about Android TV. I think it has to do with the model generation and level of video post processing this generation is supposed to do and the speed/size of the programmable image processor built into the TV. Newer model generations seem require the X1 Extreme processor in order to get everything done. This is just speculation though.

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

I think also the issue is located in the picture processor driver / software and not in the operating system. And sony is updating only the operating system. So such issues in picture quality or in audio passthrough will never be fixed by a software update. They can only be fixed by new hardware generations by sony. Of course generally all modules of the system could be updated, but it seems that sony dont do that, maybe because of too huge testing / approval effort or they designed the system that some module drivers / software are freezed and cant be updated.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

There has also never been a fix for the high input lag on ATV1 based TVs, or the purple fringing on some sets, or the 50Hz frame skipping on certain XE models, or this MotionFlow issue here. Most of the time you just have to live with those bugs. Don't expect any fix.

profile.country.US.title
Perlnx

For this problem we can still "skip" this by use external player like ATV, android box
and use the expensive television as stupid monitor.

Moreover, Motionflow can work with Kodi and other app by turn off hardware accelearion but colour will be washed and look like cheap television.

External player is the best solution for now.

profile.country.GB.title
Silverfr
Explorer

Did someone try motionflow on youtube video? No effect for me with the  last version 6.2858

profile.country.GB.title
iamnague

Just to let you know that motionflow is working in any format with 4k video in Exoplayer.