Join now - be part of our community!

Need full list of free 4k movies on Google Play

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
aston100
Explorer

Need full list of free 4k movies on Google Play

Bought a TV recently.

I can't work out which of the numerous movies in the Google Play app are available to choose from for the free movie offer.

There is no 'included' section.

I picked a few new movies at random and all were asking to pay £13.99 for UHD. Eventually when I clicked on Spider Man Homecoming, I saw an option to redeem an offer.

Therefore I conclude Spiderman is one oif the options.

How on Earth do I figure out the rest of the choices?
I actually wanted Bladerunner 2049, but I do not believe this can be selected for free.

Anyone able to help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
aston100
Explorer

I have managed to resolve this via a workaround.

I went into the google play movies app on my android phone, and found the offer for the 4k movie right there.

Clicked it and it brought up the list of (mostly terrible) free 4k movies.

I selected the least horrible movie and went over to my TV.

After exiting and re-entering the google play movies app on the TV, I found the movie I had selected available to me in my library.

Would be interested in knowing if this worked for anyone else.
In my circumstance, I had never used the app on my phone before, so that may be a factor in my resolution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I will look into this and get back to you.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
aston100
Explorer

I spoke to Sony customer services who weren't that great.
They felt the issue was that my @googlemail.com email was not a google email address at all and that I should change to a @gmail.com email address.
Thereafter, they proceeded to reset my TV remotely and basically left me in a worse situation than before I phoned them.

I spoke to Google customer services who pretty much pointed the finger at Sony and said it's their promo offer and I should call them back.

In the meanwhile, I have managed to work out that Chappie is another movie that's on the included list. So that's two movies I'm aware of. Presumably Trainspotting 2 too, given a comment I read elsewhere.

My TV is registered and I'm logged in with my google account. Payment methods in place etc.
Just no list or category for movies that are within the promo offer, so I seem to have no choice but to trawl through the whole Google Play Movies catalogue, and click 'buy' in order to see if the movie is eligible.

Either that or resign myself to getting Spiderman Homecoming; Chappie or Trainspotting 2 (maybe).

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @aston100

Other members are experiencing problems too

with the offer now missing from their TVs

in the Google Play Movies and TV app.

Bear with me a while, I have esclated this and will update the

threads relating to this problem if I hear anything.

profile.country.GB.title
aston100
Explorer

I have managed to resolve this via a workaround.

I went into the google play movies app on my android phone, and found the offer for the 4k movie right there.

Clicked it and it brought up the list of (mostly terrible) free 4k movies.

I selected the least horrible movie and went over to my TV.

After exiting and re-entering the google play movies app on the TV, I found the movie I had selected available to me in my library.

Would be interested in knowing if this worked for anyone else.
In my circumstance, I had never used the app on my phone before, so that may be a factor in my resolution.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again

Thanks for posting your workaround.

I'm still waiting to hear back from escalation which may take a day or so

Cheers