Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Casting Issue since latest update

DunxR76
Explorer

Netflix Casting Issue since latest update

I'm having a problem with casting Netflix from both my iPhone and iPad on 55x8509. Seems to only have become an issue since the latest TV update. What happens is that you connect to the TV, which then launches Netflix OK, but then stops at the user selection screen and won't cast anything.

This was an intermittent problem for me prior to the latest update, but usually resolved after a second attempt. Now it doesn't work at all.

Anyone else seeing the same problem?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try the following:

1. Goto the Google Play Store
  2. Go into the "My Apps" section and see if there is any updates (I have a recent update for Google Cast Receiver, which was released on 12-08-2016, version 1.21.75534) - update is need be.
  3. Once updated, exit the Google Play Store, and goto the TVs Settings area
  4. Goto Storage and Reset > Storage > Apps > Running Apps > Google Cast Receiver
  5. Clear Cache and Clear Data
  6. I would probably do the same for Netflix
  7. Once cleared, sign back into Netflix on the TV.
  8. Test Casting.

Cheers

DunxR76
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestions. However hasn't worked. I can connect to other Chromecast's in the house,but no longer this TV using any app, not just Netflix.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im going to advise you to factory reset the TV as this can clear up many issues.  See instructions HERE.

Cheers

DunxR76
Explorer

Reset seems to have fixed casting from some apps. However Netflix is still not working, tries to connect, TV launches Netflix then it just stops on the user selection page. iPhone app just shows the trying to connect symbol and doesn't get anywhere. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just tested my TV (KD-55XD8577) which is on the same firmware version as you (3.533) and it works ok casting Netflix from a Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet.  It initially paused at the user selection screen, however it was only for about 3 seconds.

I guess the next thing to do is rule out an iPhone (Apple issue).  I know you said that you can cast to other chromecast devices - however do you have any Android devices or a friend that has one to test?  Is this a possiblity?

Cheers

c.jones
Explorer

I have exactly the same issue and wondered if it was ever resolved. I have KD-55X8509C with the latest firmware and everything has been updated and rebooted. But when I cast netfix from my iPad the application starts on the tv but only loads the user selection screen. The iPad tries to connect but fails to connect. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try uninstalling Netflix on the iPad and reinstalling it again.  Can you also clear the cache and data on the TV as well for Netflix and Google Cast Receiver (Settings > Apps > System Apps)

If that fails, can you please provide some version numbers (iOS version, Netflix version etc).

Cheers

DunxR76
Explorer

Haven't fixed my issue yet either. I've tried uninstalling everything on both my iPad and iPhone. I've reset the app, fully reset the TV etc but no joy. I'm now just waiting for someone to visit with an Android device to test that.

c.jones
Explorer

Done all that was suggested and it still will not go beyond the netfix user page

TV software version PKG3.533.0198EUB conected to network by wired LAN

Netflix update version 3.3.1 build 1513 update 3 Oct 16

google cast receiver version 1.21.75534 updated 12 Oct 16

casting from an iPad Pro iOS 10.1.1 on the same network. 

All other casting applications work as they should do from iPad and android device.