Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Disappearing Audio (XE9305/Nougat)

profile.country.GB.title
Educated_Pork

Netflix Disappearing Audio (XE9305/Nougat)

Hi,

I've got a 55XE9305 running Nougat and whatever the latest version of Netflix is around. The TV is connected via ARC to a Denon AVR-X2300W.

In the last month or so, there've been instances where - upon playing a programme - there is a complete lack of audio. When this happens, I've tried changing the audio configuration to output PCM or Dolby Digital (not Dolby Digital+), to no avail. Power cycling the AVR at this point also makes no difference. If I change the TV audio output to be speakers, then audio is heard (albeit in poorer quality.. sound via TV speakers is akin to listening to a wasp in a tin can).

When this audio dropout occurs, no amount of closing the Netflix app and restarting it addresses the issue. The only way normal operation is restored (and audio is heared via ARC on my Denon AVR) is for a reboot of the TV.

Given descriptions of MediaTek shenanigans in other posts on this forum, I'm assuming the audio driver (or some aspects of it, probably specifically related to multi-channel output) is to blame for this kind of failure.. and the act of rebooting the TV - and hence restarting the drivers - is just a band-aid for something that I can't fix permanently.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of issue with Netflix on a 2017 Nougat-based TV?

If so, can this issue be added to the ever growing and never changing list of bugs that have yet to be addressed?

Cheers,
Dean

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi Dean,

Does this happen all the time when watching Netflix, or only with certain content?

I will pass this on to our technical team so they can investigate further.

Thanks,

C

profile.country.GB.title
Educated_Pork

Hi Cass,

When it starts happening, it happens with all content streamed from within Netflix from then on - until I reboot the TV.

Cheers,

Dean

profile.country.GB.title
Educated_Pork

So, as an additional example I was watching Mindhunter on Netflix last night. All working ok. Finished watching an episide, went back to TV to watch BBC News HD (Ch. 107), and an hour later went back to the Netflix app, selected to watch the next episide and behold.. no audio. Nothing else was changed in the configuration during this time (my AV receiver was left on, no other HDMI devices powered on, or HDMI input changes occurred).

Exited the Netflix app via the menu, and re-launched.. no audio.

Forcibly quit the Netflix app (long press on HOME, then killed it). Re-launched, no audio.

Long press on TV power button to restart. Launched Netflix on completion of restart sequence, all working fine.

Cheers,

Dean

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Thanks Dean for the additional info - I have passed this on to the technical team as well.

Crownline
New

Did a fix ever appear for this Netflix audio fault? I have a KD75 XF9005 which has the very same issue.Im at the stage that i just watch Netflix via my Panasonic 4k Player as it works every time!