Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Dolby Vision brightness keeps chaning - is there a setting to st

profile.country.GB.title
Endless.Riffing
Explorer

Netflix Dolby Vision brightness keeps chaning - is there a setting to st

Netflix Dolby Vision has always been fine on my Android TV until Oreo. Now the picture keeps changing brightness / colour temperation whilst watching. For example "The King" seems to be dark then when the camera pans to a slightly lighter angle the screen brightness increases for the whole picture like a "wipe". The colour temp also changes from yellowish to bluish. All ok again when the scene changes. Are there any settings to stop this?

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Yeh unfortunately a factory reset does not fix it. Everything seems to fix it on a temporary basis then it will return.

I can't get to the bottom of what is causing it. A reboot fixes it for a short while.

It only happens in Netflix with DV. More reason for there to be an option to disable DV in my opinion.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Do you have a specific title that present the issue and a small video about it so that I can check on other brand OLED?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey stormyuk, if all the steps in the thread didn't work, my only recommendation is to contact Sony directly.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

I have it happen on both The Guilty and No One Gets Out Alive. I think it can happen on any title that is DV though. I have watched a couple of movies recently which have been fine though so yeh. Very random.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@stormyuk do you have a video of when it's happening and the minute on the movie? It seems ok on my own LG CX but I didn't see it all till the end.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Next time it happens I will try and record it.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

It was doing it on The Power of the Dog today, it's very subtle so difficult to get a good video reproduction. Especially when it's evening.

Difficult to pick up on a phone camera too as the phone is altering the brightness all the time.

Very annoying new feature of my XG9005.

Dolby Vision is nothing but trouble on this TV. I so wish I could disable it.

profile.country.GB.title
Newfish
Explorer

Hello,

I posted on another thread but have been pointed towards this so thought I'd add my bit.

Does anyone have a solution to this. I've tried the cache clear and it hasn't worked.

In addition to other people's comments I can add that mine does it when flicking between CGI imagary and none CGI. It has never happened since I've own the TV, (nearly 2yrs) but randomly started happening for the last 20 minutes of Avengers Infinity War. And has continued for Endgame. Watching on Disney+.

The TV is a Bravia 4k ATV3. I think it's the 55AF8, can't find the paperwork.

I update the other thread as I seemed to have temporarily fixed it by rebooting the WiFi.

I'm running a Linksys Velop system, TV is 8ft from main primary hub.

Doing a test now to see if Endgame is off again. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Newfish, what's the model number of your TV? Also, does the workaround solve it for you?

profile.country.GB.title
Jasperistops
Explorer

Bump!!Did this get resolved?