Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix issue with KD55XE9005....

profile.country.GB.title
stevep94
New

Netflix issue with KD55XE9005....

I've got a Sony KD55XE9005 and recently I've started having issues with the built in Netflix app.

There is a dedicated Netflix button on the remote but when you press it for the first time after turning the TV on, the app launches but then hangs on the "N" symbol with a spinning icon beneath it!?!? (same happens if you go into the home menu and select it from there too!)

From there I have to go into settings>apps and scroll down to Netflix and click force stop and then open for it to boot up correctly!

Now it's not exactly difficult but it's still a pain in the backside to have to do it every single time after the TV has been off for a while!

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? (Connected to the internet by Ethernet by the way so it shouldn't be a network issue!)

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315
profile.country.AR.title
dmalanij
Explorer

As mentioned on my reply to Tobias thread, yesterday I got an update an it seems the issue is solved now.

Hope this is for good, as it has been bothering for some months now.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Hi dmalanij,

When you say 'yesterday I got an update' can you be more specific please?

Last night my TV went through a 10-15 minute update, is this what you mean?

profile.country.AR.title
dmalanij
Explorer

The classical TV system update that lets you apply it right away or postpone it till next stand by. This one took a while for the my TV as well so I'd guess is the same patch you got last night.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Just PM'd you.

This TV software update hasn't fixed the Netflix issue, still persists, you?

profile.country.AR.title
dmalanij
Explorer

As I've Just mentioned you on the PM, but letting anyone interested in this thread to know. For me the issue in the end is not solved, but somehow minimized. The app now works fine for a while but eventually end up in the same situation: the N with the neverending spinner. I can't figure out a pattern yet, but is happening less than before last week's update.

Cheers