Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix sound keeps cutting out on my sound bar

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Philahill

Netflix sound keeps cutting out on my sound bar

Trying to watch a film on Netflix accessed direct from my 65 inch OLED that I had delivered yesterday. Every 3 minutes or so the Sony sound bar cuts out: if I stop the film then restart then the sound returns. It is really impossible to watch the film. The sound bar is connected via optical cable   Any ideas would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Philahill

So whilst checking the cables I pushed them all in. And....  the problem seems to have gone away !  

Thx a lot!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
gunnered
Explorer

Tried a different optical cable? I guess your sound bar doesn't have hdmi.

profile.country.GB.title
Philahill

It does. The installer used the optical link. He was trying to resolve sync issues. Do you think that will fix it?  I get the problem  only in Netflix whether accessing it via the tv or my virgin box

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Philahill,

please check if the optical lead is properly plugged in - I once had the same issue with my TV and it was simply not connected properly.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Philahill

All seems ok.  I think I need to change it back to hdmi from Optical. Both the hdmi cable and the optical cable are plugged in. Just got to find out how to do it. 

profile.country.GB.title
Philahill

So whilst checking the cables I pushed them all in. And....  the problem seems to have gone away !  

Thx a lot!

profile.country.GB.title
gunnered
Explorer

That is so typical of optical cables, especially the cheaper ones. They never seem comfortable in their socket!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Philahill,

glad to hear it now works :thumbsup:

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Philahill

Thanks. Not helped by crap John Lewis installers. They even plugged my headphones into the audio input....  

profile.country.GB.title
Philahill

So.... whilst it is better I now have the problem that the first word of sentences keeps being dropped off, almost like it takes time to restart even after a very short gap. I have a feeling I need a better optical cable. Any ideas?