Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix sound keeps cutting out on my sound bar

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Philahill

Netflix sound keeps cutting out on my sound bar

Trying to watch a film on Netflix accessed direct from my 65 inch OLED that I had delivered yesterday. Every 3 minutes or so the Sony sound bar cuts out: if I stop the film then restart then the sound returns. It is really impossible to watch the film. The sound bar is connected via optical cable   Any ideas would be appreciated. 

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Philahill,

it could be an issue with the cable.

I only have the issue when I connect an audio source which can output "real quiteness" like e.g. my PC when I compose music with FL-Studio. There it can happen that if I just work on the drum-track, that my sound system connected via optical cable misses the first split second of a hit of the hi-hat.

For movies or music I though never experienced this, since there is no section of any song or movie where there is 100% quietness.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Philahill

I am waiting for new hdmi cables to arrive. I am not a techie, but from what I have read I am worried that it might be a Sony / html 5/ 5:1 sound / Netflix issue. Has anybody know anything about this?  

profile.country.GB.title
andrewchislett
Explorer

This is happening to me, I have started using an Xbox as the source and it solves the problem, but then raises a new one of audiu sync issues.