Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix sound not coming through soundbar, only tv

mpowley1
New

Netflix sound not coming through soundbar, only tv

Recently bought a Bravia KD-55XD8599 hooked up to a SKY HD box and a yamaha 2500 soundbar.  SKY programs come through soundbar brilliantly, but when I try to watch Netflix from the TV, the sound only comes through the TV speakers.  Has anyone had a similar issue or know of a solution?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,
have you try to check if in the Netflix App there is an option for choice between TV or Audio System?

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@mpowley1 wrote:

Recently bought a Bravia KD-55XD8599 hooked up to a SKY HD box and a yamaha 2500 soundbar.  SKY programs come through soundbar brilliantly, but when I try to watch Netflix from the TV, the sound only comes through the TV speakers.  Has anyone had a similar issue or know of a solution?

thanks

I have this combination, or close to it.

I imagine you have the Sky box plugged into the soundbar itself?

I also imagine it is not just Netflix sound not coming through the soundbar, but any sound from the TV?

What you need to do is to ensure that the HDMI Out from the soundbar goes into the HDMI port on the TV that provides ARC (Audio Return Channel). Look in your manual, or at the sockets on the side of the TV, to see which one this is,

The YSP should then autoswitch to TV (ARC) when all its other inputs are off, and give you the Netflix sound out of the soundbar.

But maybe it continues to 'see' the Sky box, and so does not autoswitch? In which case, press the TV button on the YSP remote, to get it.

it may autoswitch if you put the Sky box in Standby, if it does not autoswitch when the Sky box is on,

Or try it, for the moment, with the Sky box unplugged; once you at least get the Netflix sound, we can refine how you go about keeping it.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
homertimpson
Explorer

Just say your post from January.

I also have the Yamaha 2500 soundbar and had the same issue with Netflix and Amazon Prime only playing through the TV.

SkyHD, Xbox One and Kodi boxes are connected to HDMI 1,2, and 3 on the soundbar - HDMI out goes to my KDL-55W805C HDMI4/ARC.

I had to run a tos link cable from the TV to optical in {not TV) on the Yamaha and select Optical.

Works perfectly now.

Homer