Join now - be part of our community!

Network problem after firmware upgrade 5.417 (Sony KD-65X8509C)

profile.country.FI.title
jussihyvarinen67
New

Network problem after firmware upgrade 5.417 (Sony KD-65X8509C)

I have encountered problems with wired LAN connection after upgrading to the latest 5.417 firmware. Television loses the connection to the router occasionally but often. This causes all the apps which are using the internet connection (Youtube, HBO etc.) not working. After booting the TV it's working for a while but loses the connection again. It seems that Sony has released the firmware without proper testing. Very annoying when you cannot trust that new updates will work properly.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Following an update of this type it is suggested a factory reset (often fixes problems like these), did you run it?

Manolo

profile.country.FI.title
jussihyvarinen67
New

No, I didn't because I don't like to spend half a day to adjust the settings how they were. Instead, this is what I did and it's working now. I changed the fixed ip address to dhcp and created a manual rule to routed which tells to use a particular ip address with the tv's mac-address. For some strange reason, the tv always picks different ip what is said in the rule but it doesn't matter as long as it's working :slight_smile: 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

IPs are always better Static, is one of the tests that I always suggest but not everyone loves to put a hand to the Router. If it works, let's not investigate why it works like this... :sweat_smile:

Manolo