Join now - be part of our community!

New A80J lost sound and certain apps/functions stopped working just after 10 hours of use

Dodski
New

New A80J lost sound and certain apps/functions stopped working just after 10 hours of use

I have only had the A80J up and running since Sunday evening, so only about 10 hours of use so far, however whilst in the middle of watching a film on our Virgin TIVO box which was being streamed from the Netflix app on the Virgin box the wife paused the film for a few minutes.

Upon resuming the film there was then no sound, at first we though it was the stream but when returning to live TV on the Virgin box there was no sound there also.

So I went to play a video on the YouTube app on the TV and there was no sound when navigating the TVs menu and YouTube would load, allow you to browse but would not play any content, just the ring of circles spinning all the time.

I then tried to play some content from a USB stick and that would no play either just a black screen.

The Amazon Prime and Bravia Core apps seemed to be able to open and stream but still no sound.

Turning off the TV using the remote didn't fix the problem and to get the sound and everything else working as it should I ended up having to pull power on it (I know now I can hold power button down and do a full reboot).

So I am a bit miffed that already I seem to have an issue.

Does anyone know if this is a common issue please and if this is likely to keep repeating?

Thanks in advance for any info or guidance on this

Thanks
Mark

1 REPLY 1
Piscie
Community Team

Hello Mark,

It doesn't seem to be a common issue. Sometimes it's just a power glitch and de-powering solves the issue. However, always make sure that your TV software is up to date. You can find the latest software here: https://bit.ly/3x2bIOc.

-Piscie