Join now - be part of our community!

New Android TV Launcher (leanback launcher)

profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

New Android TV Launcher (leanback launcher)

Google's Leanback Launcher has been updated to Android TV Launcher 1.1.5.2619280 on 4th April. This does not appear to automatically update the Sony version 1.1.4 etc.

I've just successfully sideloaded the new version. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/leanback-launcher/leanback-launcher-1-1-5-2619280-release/a...

Bug fixes are claimed. Plus some non Sony TV users of Android TV report other changes:- http://androidtv.news/2016/04/leanback-launcher-removes-custom-apps-row/

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes we all see that there is something wrong with their relations.....

I wonder why customers need to affort this situation?

If we continue this way we will all need a psychologist.

They fixed nothing serious with latest firmware. AGAIN.:smileyshocked:

Anonymous
Not applicable

MiCal1967 wrote:

They fixed nothing serious with latest firmware. AGAIN.:smileyshocked:

I too am becoming frustrated at the continued (beep) around on some issues.  There has been progress, which ill update the bugs list (when i get around to it), but some of the main issues still appear not to be addressed.  Will keep plugging away at it though :slight_smile:

Thought id edit out my own language

Anonymous
Not applicable

@angelacr

Does the new launcher (sideloaded) appear much different on the TV than it currently does?  How are you finding it?

profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

@Anonymous

It appears much the same.

On the home screen Google voice cycles "try searching ----" suggestions I don't remember this 'feature'.

On the top feature/sugestions/history line 'How to videos "Get the best from your TV" simply presents a QR code. (Did it do this before?) On a connected TV that is Sony madness!

Featured Apps still has Sony Select at 1A, Netflix at 1B Amazon at 2 etc. The line seems longer than I remember. (Don't use the home screen much.)

Inputs: my sateliite tuner 'Tuner_1" previously was renamed to tuner_2  etc up to Tuner_4 if the box was restarted. Seems to no longer happen.

So nothing much apparent.

profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

Just noticed that 'dreaming' seems to work much better now. At least from Play Music. Before the launcher update the machine would sit on app's screen forever.

cheadlem
New

not responding

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cheadlem wrote:

not responding

??