Join now - be part of our community!

New firmware

sebciu0
Explorer

New firmware

Did someone knows what's new in firmaware 3.533 for KDL-50W809C?

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

I had a similar issue too.

TV was Powered On in Digital and then threw me to Home page by itself.

Thought it was my mistake till I read above posts.

Happened only once.

nickucronoss
Explorer

I want to update you guys with what I saw until now.

After the last firmware update my TV is just a big piece of furniture.

If I open the Youtube app after I start the TV on, everything is just fine but after that if I want to open the app for viewing movies, I can`t and it says to me "can not load video" and when I go back to Youtube it doesn`t want to work anymore so I need to restart the TV .

If I open first the app for movies, it works fine but after that if I want to view something on Youtube I can`t because it just freezes on the black screen and I have to wait a minute to go back to the home screen and after that I need to restart , AGAIN, the TV to be able to see something on it .

The VLC app it doesn`t start anymore and I can`t play movies.

And the last problem is that I can`t view tv channels on digital mode because it says "NO VIDEO" after I open one of the apps that I told you about (VLC, movie app, Youtube).

THANK YOU GOOGLE !!!

THANK YOU SONY !!!

You are beautiful people and now I`m so happy to have an Android TV that doesn`t work.

I forgot to tell you that I did the hard reset 5 times and it did not change anything

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nickucronoss

If you are still having major problems - please create a new dedicated thread for your issues and we'll see if we can help you.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

I have had some crashes with latest firmware. I had not factory reset as it seems much smoother and no issues that I saw intially. However i have factory reset now due to issues below.

So far couple of apps have crashed / black screen etc

Youtube: Hung a few times before it loaded, lip sync still horrendous.

Amazon: Lips sync is very hit and miss

Gameloft: Clicking any games to download crashes it instantly back to main android app screen

3DMark: Refuses to run, instant crash.

Auto picture: Still locks to last setting and wont switch back between inputs.

When Youview is enabled it causes the android app interface to lag quite badly.

Also for HDR Video on the TV / streaming app input cinemotion should be set to standard otherwise it causes it to stutter. Most likely due to them not being at 24fps.

profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

@Anonymous Something similar; I had a satellite box recording with its input live to the TV whilst watching the digital free-to-air channels on my TV. Twice, and each after about 15-20 minutes, the TV threw me back to viewing the output from the satellite box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @angelacr

This is one of the potential issues/bugs that is impossible to replicate 😞  And hence Sony cannot fix what they cannot replicate.  Also, I have not experienced this since...

So to everyone:

If you experience the issue of the TV automatically changing to either the Android Home screen or another input source whilst watching broadcast TV - please do raise your hand and say so. 

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MeReNdAs69
Explorer

Hey there,

As I haven't be able to find another user with the same issue, I post it here.

The TV is a W755 and after upgrading to 3.533 some of my pictures stored in my usb drive stopped showing.

I was using one of them as wallpaper in Kodi, so there was the first time I realised the issue.

I tried to use another one of many, as wallpaper, but again, did not showed up.

Tried to open both pictures from the "album" app through browsing my usb drive but along with some more of them, their thumbnails were missing. In fact the thumbnails are in the list, however they are showed as only black squares. 

To review the above, I have almost 50 pictures with resolution of 1920x1080 or more in my usb drive plugged in my TV but I can only see the real pictures (and not just black screen when open them) for less than 20. Kodi shows the real thumbnail but through "album" app I just see a blacked out thumbnail.

Unplugged the drive with turned off TV and plug in back did not change a thing, as well as soft reseting the TV (keep pressing power button until osd came up and wait for reboot).

Haven't tried hard reset yet, nor unplugging the TV power cord from the wall plug.

Any thoughts of overcoming this issue, without trying hard reset, at least as first option?

ps: Is there anything we know updated in 3.533 for the non 4k TV series, as I only see news for HDR?

Thnx in advance,

Jimmy

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Any ETA on Android 6.0?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Risc0n wrote:

Any ETA on Android 6.0?

No.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MeReNdAs69

Id certainly try the factory reset option.

In regards to what improvements in the 3.533 FW Update - there are improvements in regards to "Improves the stability of the TV"

Sony are never forthcoming on the exact changelog - but there are normally loads of bug fixes etc.  Always worth the update.

Cheers