Join now - be part of our community!

New TV Problem

SOLVED
Pocketacer

New TV Problem

Hi, just bought a kdl50w809cbu, when it's been turned off for a while I'm able to switch the to on, goes straight to my hdmi channel (TiVo box) but there is no sound and remote buttons and to buttons are all unresponsive, have to pull the plug out the back to get it working. Has happened three times now. Anyone else had this issue?

14 REPLIES 14
whoisandwhoisnt
Explorer

Tried that a couple of times, but nothing yet. 

I should add that when I unplug it from the mains and plug it back in the "Sony" logo comes on the screen briefly, but then nothing (the Android logo never appears)

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try again. Let it stay unplugged for some minutes before plugging again... after some times it should go ahead after the sony logo to the Android ones. At least it was reported like that.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@whoisandwhoisnt you didn't write anymore.... It could mean that you solved and are too happy to come back here or you throw your Tv out of the window....

Hope the first!

Pocketacer

Ugh, mines started doing it again few days after the factory reset, hoping a software update will sort it out 

whoisandwhoisnt
Explorer

managed to get the TV working again after the factory reset black screen. As advised above, after a few attempts of unplugginng it, I eventually got it to reboot and start properly. 

Unfortunately, it hasn't fixed the original problem of no sound, no response to remote control, after being switched off for a while. 

EDIT: seems that I'm not alone, according to post above. Very frustating.