Join now - be part of our community!

New ZH8 dilema

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

New ZH8 dilema

Hi all just looking for advice on the new ZH8 8K tv. I'm looking to purchase 1 hopefully sometime soon, but i can find any on display were i live.  the local shop were i csn purchase it is doing a deal for a soundbar at "lower" cost as a bundle. but iv heard so much about the sound on the ZH8 does it really need a soundbar . hopefully someone hear would have seen it work in person and  would know best. 

Thanks all for your help 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It depends on the soundbar. A budget one won't do. I did not see it actually but my own oled A1 has a good internal audio system like the zh8 but I prefer my old htct350 400w 3.1 system by far.

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

cheers pal thanks for the reply.  

i actually have the A1 myself.  but the thing that got me was . the ZH8 one of the main selling points was the sound with the acoustic frame . surely if its that good it wouldn't need a soundbar, plus like you said ,i think its just a cheep soundbar  

Thanks for your help again 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It is surely a good integrated system that resemble the A1 one (but cannot be exactly the same since an LCD panel cannot vibrate, so they make the frame vibrate) but is a 2.2.2 60 Watt system overall (the A1 is 50W) and a good soundbar (like mine with a central dedicated channel, a true subwoofer cabinet and 400W overall) is still a better choice. If you want real surround sound than you have to go for at least 5.1 real channel. For anything less, stick with the TV audio.

profile.country.IE.title
Josoap

excellent  , i wasn't aware of the 5.1 soundbar I'll go for that type.  

cheers pal 👍