Join now - be part of our community!

No event informationKD49X8305C

SOLVED
Spartan19
New

No event informationKD49X8305C

Hi guys, i have recently bought a KD49X8305C Sony Bravia. Operating system seems a little slow. Trying to organise the channels is a nightmare. I press down once or twice, it skips four or five times. The BIGGEST issue is with the TV guide, that is THE biggest waste of time. No event informtion unless you click on each and every channel. But once the TV is turned off overnight, the next day the information has reverted back to "no event information". We have no additional boxes, and yes, you view, when it arrives, will more than likely solve this issue. My TV is connected to a sky dish, so free sat, and is always connected to the internet. I have spoken to Sony regarding this, and a reset from a customer service advisor who was quite clearly reading from a troubleshooting guide did nothing. As this did not work, it has now been escalated to another department who will contacgt me within 48 hours. That was last friday ...... still waiting. 

Does anyone have any solutions at all regarding the TV guide. Has any one else experienced problems with the operating system being a little un-responsive ? I have made the move from a samsung to Sony, and from an Xbox to A PS4 and now wondering whether i made the right choice ! Any advice regarding the guide issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
manuelsal

I have this problem as well.

If you want to use the YouView for the digital TV you than cannot use the TV sat.

I will give them a month, after that I will put a cross over the sony brand, this itv has an great hardware but a crap system.

Unhappy owner of a KD-49X8307C
Bikerdiverman

I purchased a 49x8309C yesterday and have exactly the same problem. No terrestrial TV signal in my area so have used satellite boxes for years with no problem However the Sony guide does not populate information about what is on except on channels tuned into.  If I click a channel showing no information then select to watch it the guide then populates, so it looks to me as if the software is not downloading all of this info correctly from the satellite.

The other app that is a TV listing guide does not work with satellite at all so I have bought a TV without the most basic functionality, i.e. being able to find out what is sowing on each channel and when.

This is very poor.  I have also had the blank screen when selecting the satellite and had to re boot the TV to make this work and a non-responsive remote control and the out of sync sound mentioned in other posts.  

This Android software is clearly not ready for release. Not good enough Sony, when are these problems going to be fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bikerdiverman

Hi there

This is because the TV is freeview only, not Freesat.  Freesat is the company behind the EPG for free-to-air channels via satellite.

Cheers

fxfxfxfxfx

Hi Bikerdiverman Don't waste your time, take it back now. Sony are less than useless, I've support calls going on for 3 months on this and I've got no updates other than "turn the tv off and on again". Regarding Satellite guides, Firmware upgrades won't fix it. It's fundamental functionality Sony don't build in. Not many Manufacturers do, I tried LG, Panasonic and Samsung and only the Samsung provide a Freesat guide. The others have a tuner, but won't lost the channels in order or show you a guide unless you're tuned to that channel. It's incredibly annoying. It wouldn't take much for them to add it, but they just don't. Also, no one will tell you this when you buy it, they just say it can view Freesat channels. I'd recommend the Samsung UE48JU6410 or 6400 if you want black. It does everything I wanted the Sony to do, Freesat guide, all catchup apps, no buggy software and is on 1" smaller. Believe me, i took back 3 other TVs before settling on this one, I gave the Sony the longest and really shouldn't have wasted my time. Just buy an Nvidia Shield if you want android, it works great and shows it's the implementation on the Sony hardware that's crap, not the OS.
donslibi
New

Not sure if this will help you but I signed up just to write that we had endless issues with general tv slow down and crashes (2015 Sony Android TV) and after lots of trial and error, I found that removing the satelittle connection resolved it for us. The normal TV aerial is fine but the satelittle one must have been causing the TV to constantly do something in the background and it slowed everything down. Now it’s very good :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
manuelsal

Thank you, unfortunately I need the satellite tuner and my issues are not
just performance, the system is very bad and I always felt let down by Sony.
The most annoying thing is that Amazon Video App is so crap that each time
you start playing a video it flickers, jumps ahead and often I have to
restart the TV.
Does it do it for you as well?
Unhappy owner of a KD-49X8307C