Join now - be part of our community!

No response from my TV

profile.country.GB.title
Mickymerc
New

No response from my TV

Hi everyone, I have a Sony Bravia, about four years old. I am unable to turn the television off or change the channel it is completely frozen. I’ve unplugged and turned the telly off and left it for half an hour but every time I plug it back in it boots up to channel two which it appears to be stuck on and even though I know the remote is working the whole television is frozen. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Have you tried to operate the TV with the buttons on the TV?

If it can be operated with the buttons I would assume that the remote or the remote receiver is defect.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Mickymerc
New

Hello

Yes I have tried and the button at the back of the TV for the on off and volume is not working either. I have tried holding the on button on the TV on as it boots up but that’s still not reset it

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Mike_in_Coulsdon
New

Unplug TV and wait at least two minutes for system to de-energise completely. Unplug any USB devices and peripherals.

Then try holding down both the on/off and sound down (-) buttons on the rear of the TV simultaneously and, whilst holding BOTH buttons down, plug the TV back in. Continue to depress BOTH buttons until the front LED turns green or a message screen appears. Release the two buttons.

See also "Perform a forced factory reset on your Android TV (if the TV has one or three buttons)" at https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/kdl-32r300c/articles/0015990...

Good luck. I had a similar problem and hope it is now fixed.