Join now - be part of our community!

No signal on tv

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

No signal on tv

Hi

i switched on my tv & it has come up with the words no signal.please check your antenna connection.

i have checked the connection it seems to be ok,I have also checked the connection to the back of the tv & it also seems to be ok.

my tv is a Sony KD-55S8505CBU 

any help would be appreciated 

thanks Mark 

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you do a re-tune of your TV?  As its either that or a factory reset considering you have checked your connections.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Hi

i have tried retuning the channels that hasn't worked I'm going to try the factory reset now

thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

No joy with the factory reset either still keeps saying check your antenna connection.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok - Back to basics:

• Can you try an alternative aerial cable?
  • Check your local transmitter to see if there are any reported faults ( https://ukfree.tv/maps/live ) - If you can reply back with the name of your local transmitter, I might be able to find more info.
  • Ask your neighbour if they are also having problems - assuming they get their TV signal via a Freeview capable aerial and not via Sky for example
  • Do you have another TV or Freeview recording device that you can test the aerial socket that is on the wall?
  • If you have exhausted all posibilities, you might need to call out an aerial technician to check your aerial.

This website has loads of other troubleshooting advice:

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/freeview_problems.htm

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Ok thanks 

Rhubarb22
Explorer

I have a Sony tv..and have recently today been getting no signal check your antenna..

i have done all this and retuned,but still can not connect to tv

Rhubarb22
Explorer

My connection to sky says I’m connected with problems..but don’t know wot the problems are

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Ask Sky support. They will know.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
jerryho
Explorer

I have the same problem - just bought a new Sony 32inch TV. Trying to set up but get the message on screen - No Signal, please check your antenna connection.

I have put another TV onto the aerial connection and all fine, so it's not the aerial - any ideas?

Jerryho