Join now - be part of our community!

no sound unable to get sound on samsung soundbar connected by arc to Bravia xe9305 arc port

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

no sound unable to get sound on samsung soundbar connected by arc to Bravia xe9305 arc port

has anyone managed to connect thier XE93 to a samsung  soundbar using ARC?

ive gt a bravia XE 9305 andam trying to  connect it to a samsung  HW MS650  soundbar using  the ARC ports on the bravia and the soundbar but am not getting any sound. ive configured the tv to  pass the sound control to and external device but still  am not geting any sound  passed to the soundbar. it works when i  use bluetooth and pair them  but I  cant get it  to work using ARC, any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @romipat ,

ARC should work across different manufacturers - maybe your HDMI-cable doesn't support ARC?

- Nic

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

ARC.jpg

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

@Marino.Manolo wrote:

ARC.jpg

Manolo

@Marino.Manolo wrote:

ARC.jpg

Manolo che thank you for your advice  my hdmi cable is a high speed  hdcp compliant one. I would have expected it to work I  didnt know that  some hdmi cables didnt support arc thats a new one on me 😞

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

Samsung got me to  do a software reset on the soundbar but it made no  difference. when i toggled the digital in is displayed sound mute Samsung support  then said it sounds like it may be that thesoftware is corrupted but I  managed to get it working using  a SPDIF opytical  cable so they said it must be a fault  with the  sony arc port and that i should contact them. not convinced  myself as the port  works fine as an input

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

I’ve posted quite an extensive reply to your problem which may well help, but it got flagged as spam, which it wasn’t.

I reported this for moderation, but have heard nothing back :worried:

This is the second time this has happened, so I am reviewing whether it is worth me posting here any more.

You might yourself want to push for my posting to be restored here; it’s no good to you, or to anybody else, if it stays in limbo.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
romipat

@royabrown2 wrote:

I’ve posted quite an extensive reply to your problem which may well help, but it got flagged as spam, which it wasn’t.

I reported this for moderation, but have heard nothing back :worried:

This is the second time this has happened, so I am reviewing whether it is worth me posting here any more.

You might yourself want to push for my posting to be restored here; it’s no good to you, or to anybody else, if it stays in limbo.

thanks no ideawhy they would flag your  reply ??? im going to stick to using   the spdif optical  option as its working. Ive also readon reports that  the latest Sony update hasresulted in users gettting no sound  from the soundbars  so if its because Sony have made  chages to the HDMI  ports  drivers then sticking to  optical may be  a safer option for me at this stage. I have no idea  how I  would  be able to push  for your posting to  be restored but thanks for taking the time to respond even if Sony did a big brother on you.

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

just a quick update which might  help anyone else who has a problem to get sound  from  a Samsung soundbar when connecting it to thier Bravia's.

Samsung   for some  strange reason  refer to CEC as Anynet+ on their soundbars so yo have to  turn  anynet plus on on thier bars and then  turn on the Bravia sync on  the Bravia tv  and that's it it now turns on or off with  my tv and I  can  control the  volume of the bar using  the tv remote

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

(Why can’t I Quote any more?)

Whatever strange reason Samsung have for calling CEC Anynet+, it’s the same strange reason that Sony have for calling it Bravia Sync. And every other manufacturer giving it a proprietary name also.

Thank goodness ARC isn’t called Bravia Audio Return by Sony, Anynet+ Reverse Sound Experience by Samsung, and so on.

But then ARC is standard; and though CEC ought to be, it’s rather loosely defined, and most manufacturers just implement a subset, and make judgements as to what some of the behaviours ought to be, and so cover themselves with a local name for their specific implementation.

Which is not guaranteed to work with anybody else’s, though it usually mostly does.

And yes, you need the devices at both ends of the HDMI cable with ARC on it to have CEC turned on, since ARC is negotiated over CEC, rather than in the normal HDMI negotiation, being an inexplicable afterthought in the HDMI standard that anyone who had ever plugged in a SCART connection could have told them was needed from day 1. But then the USA never had SCART 😞

However, there is no such thing as an HDMI cable that does not support ARC; despite HDMI cables predating ARC, ARC just uses a pair of pins that were always wired together, in even the earliest HDMI standard, despite how this wire was to be used being undefined, and left for future expansion.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @royabrown2,

@royabrown2  schrieb:

(Why can’t I Quote any more?)

with the latest update of the Community, you now have to click the three dots next to the tool-bar to open up additional tools (including quoting).

I will talk to @Peter_S.  to try to get them rearranged into a more logical order - I also miss some buttons in the "non-extended" view of the toolbar.

- Nic