Join now - be part of our community!

No sound via HDMI

profile.country.GB.title
Simonjanda
New

No sound via HDMI

I have a sony bravia 2015 android tv.

Freeview works fine.. using netflix or prime.. all works fine. But anything connected via HDMI, picture is fine but no sound. Ive tried alsorts of settings but i must be missing something. 

Any ideas please.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.CZ.title
Nexmor
Explorer

Hi, I had similar issue, in Hdmi 4 no sound, during initial setup I picked up recorder for set-top-box. After change to other device no luck either. After reconnecting to hdmi1 soud started working, even though I am not sure why. As i were searching through internet, IT could be low bandwidth port or cable issue, wrongly configured input hdmi port, or wrongly configured output on device you are connecting (on PC i have to manually change sound output to Hdmi instead of inbuilt speakers), etc. 

Tags (1)
profile.country.CZ.title
Nexmor
Explorer

Hi, I did some more reaserch, when hdmi port on TV is set to enhanced or Dolby vision mode and source device does not support these modes, than picture is transfered without sound. Try to set hdmi on TV to standard mode. I got difderent TV but this could do the trick. 

profile.country.GB.title
Simonjanda
New

i will try these suggestions, its on a 3D blueray and my Humax freeview box that there is an issue, these are the only things direct to the TV via HDMI. I tried a different HDMI to a different port but still no look. 

profile.country.CZ.title
Nexmor
Explorer

Try the port settings on TV, switch to Standard, not enhanced, niether dolby vision nor anything. For 4K it is needed to have HDMI 2.1 port and cable, if you are trying 4K blueray, it might be even the 2.0 cable which does not have enaough tranfer bandwidth. I checked some Humax boxes, all had 1080p output, so I would guess this could be the TV port configuration issue my guess. I got different TV, but the port configuration is kind a deep in settings - settings - settings - watching TV - external inputs - format of hdmi signal - then pick port 1-4 - set format standard/Enhanced/DolbyVision - might be slightly different, trying to translate from czech language but I believe that for AndroidTV should be menu pretty similar :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, what model do you have? Are you experiencing the issue from external devices only? Did you try a simple power cycle by unplugging the TV from the mains?