Join now - be part of our community!

No srt support for videos through upnp

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
ZeroCool7545
Explorer

No srt support for videos through upnp

I have the Sony KD-43XD8305 and when I watch a video via a upnp connection with my pc the player doesn't recognise the srt file.

I have the srt file on the same folder with the video and it has the same filename with video too.

Is there a workarround, I have hearing problems and a sub it's mandatory for me in order to watch any videos.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
ZeroCool7545
Explorer

Thank you for your responces.Maybe you can add support for srt files in the near future cause all the other players at the store doesn't have the picture quality the internal player has.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi ZeroCool7545, 

Thanks for your message. We are looking into this and someone will get back to you shortly.

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @ZeroCool7545 - I've checked this for you and the video player doesn’t support subtitle files I'm afraid. So I recommend you try a different player from the Play Store.

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GR.title
ZeroCool7545
Explorer

Thank you for your responces.Maybe you can add support for srt files in the near future cause all the other players at the store doesn't have the picture quality the internal player has.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Thanks @ZeroCool7545, I will pass this feedback onto the relevant team

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I don't think DLNA (UPnP) supports extrnal subtitles. Or at least I never managed to have them showing. You need to merge (mux) the subtitles with the video. Doing so Sony's Video recognises and show them.

Otherwise you may consider to use either Plex or SPMC (a Kodi fork for Android). With SPMC/Kodi you won't even need DLNA, it builds your movies/TV shows library in the computer via SMB/SSH/NFS/WebDAV connections. And it has an option to download subtitles while playing a video. Plex instead can automatically download subs for your videos if configured to do so.