Join now - be part of our community!

No Video on Sony Bravia internal tuners - Video OK on STBs

profile.country.IE.title
Seano0083
Explorer

My Sony Bravia KD-55XE8596 no longer has video when using the internal Terrestrial and Satellite tuners, just a blank (black) screen. There are no audio issues. When using a built in iPlayer, all that can be seen is vertical lines. Menus and EPG are viewable. Thinking that the issue was with the backlight; rebooting and factory resets worked for a while, but no longer.

However, I have no problem getting a picture when I use either an external tuner, (e,g. Freesat, Freeview), or a Blu-Ray player with HDMI connections or an external HDD with AV component connection.

Any suggestions for a fix is getting video when using the internal tuners?

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Seano0083 

I think your TV is broken, and will need a repair.

If it is still under a retailer warranty, contact the retailer who provided it to progress this.

If it is out of warranty, or is under a Sony warranty, contact Sony to find your nearest Sony-authorised repair facility, and proceed from there.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Seano0083, check if your TV is running on the latest software version or not. the latest one is v6.7210. Also, have you tried a factory data reset? 

profile.country.IE.title
Seano0083
Explorer

Hi Piscie

Already tried the factory reset

Software version is PKG6.7210.0363EUA

Unfortunately the TV is now not switching on, but trying a few fixes, draining the power button, draining the remote and disconnecting from the mains for a while

Regards

Sean

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Seano0083, you can try a forced reset. The instructions can be found here

If that didn't work, try reaching out to the Sony reps directly to arrange a service for you as it might be a hardware issue I'm afraid.

profile.country.IE.title
Seano0083
Explorer

Hi Piscie

Forced reset didn't work, so brought it to Sony Service Centre who diagnosed a faulty motherboard.

At least the repair is economical.

Thanks for your assistance.

profile.country.IE.title
Seano0083
Explorer

Hi Royabrown2

Brought it to Sony Service Centre who diagnosed a faulty motherboard.

At least the repair is economical.

Thanks for your assistance.