Join now - be part of our community!

Not Able to connect to DLNA/UpNP with 3. party Applications

profile.country.NO.title
_oysteinK
New

Not Able to connect to DLNA/UpNP with 3. party Applications

I am trying to get my KD-70XF8305 to work as a picture frame with slideshow of pictures from my Synology NAS.

The built in "Album" app has no problems finding the NAS andt its folders, but does not support slideshow.

Have been trying to find any 3rd party applications with is better suited for this task, but I cannot seem to find any, which is able to find the NAS or any of the other Media servers I have avaliable in my network.

I have tried some of the same applications on my Android tablet, and it seems to work flawlesly on that.

Anyone have any suggestions what might be wrong, and why it seems the 3rd party apps is not able to see my media servers and Synology on my network?

Is the problem with the third party app, or in the configurations on the TV?

Anyone have been able to successfully create a picture slideshow from a NAS with this tv?

I do not want to add my pictures to any external cloud like google drive or dropbox etc. to make this work.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @_oysteinK,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community and hopefully we will be able to help you out here. 

The suggestion is to use the fotoo app by searching and installing it from the Google Play Store app on your TV. You then will be able to choose the Local Network as a source. Once you do that you will be able to type in the SMB address for your DLNA server. If credentials are requiered to access the folders where your pictures are located then you will also be asked for it.

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.NO.title
_oysteinK
New

Loging in with user name and password is working. However, this was not the solution I wanted nor expected, but I expect there will be no other solution for this?

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @_oysteinK,

Actually there is! All you need to do is to change the permissions -on the folder where you instruct fotoo to look for your pictures- and give all users the right to read. You change these permissions directly on the Management Application of your NAS device. This type for access permissions is also known as: giving guest users read rights, or giving anonymous users read rights.

The other alternative is to copy all pictures -you require for your slideshow- to the defaut public folder on your NAS device. Then point fotoo to look for that folder.

Cheers,

Dutchice