Join now - be part of our community!

One Remote Control?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
PietreS
Explorer

One Remote Control?

I have a Fiancee who can't process more than one remote control. So having a setup comprising all Sony products, with a 55XE9305 tv, X800 Bluray player, and currently a CT780 sound bar (hopefully changing to Sony DN1080 Amp), each with their own remote controller. Is there a means of controlling all devices with one remote? I was tokd be she who thiunks she should be obeyed to get a Harmony remote for all of the items, but that is almost half the price of the amp, and we all know what should be bought first. Any advice should keep me outy of the dog house, and hopefully help fund the amp with the savings. Many thanks.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @PietreS

You may not have to spend a night in the Kennels if you purchase the amp as I believe you can

use the Bravia Sync feature on your TV to control the three of them

I'm not 100% sure that the soundbar will be effectively controlable as it doesn't connect via HDMI.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

:dog:

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@PietreS From what I see the CT780 does have HDMI ARC. 3 HDMI IN ports and 1 HDMI OUT. So enabling HDMI ARC (my Yamaha AVR requires to enable that as well. I don't know bout Sony's) and Bravia Sync in all devices your girlfriend should be setup for 90% of operations.

She may still need to have all remotes available, though. Like, for example, in case she switches off the BR Player and then the soundbar doesn't automatically switch back to the TV input. Volume and basic play commands should be managed by any of the 3 remotes.

profile.country.GB.title
PietreS
Explorer

Jumpsuit, when I can afford the AV Amplifier, I will be removing the soundbar. I have 5 x 150W Tannoy speahers, and 180W Yamaha Sub waiting to connect to it. Thanks for the advice, and I hooe to be out of the doghouse soon. 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @PietreS

You may not have to spend a night in the Kennels if you purchase the amp as I believe you can

use the Bravia Sync feature on your TV to control the three of them

I'm not 100% sure that the soundbar will be effectively controlable as it doesn't connect via HDMI.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

:dog:

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@PietreS From what I see the CT780 does have HDMI ARC. 3 HDMI IN ports and 1 HDMI OUT. So enabling HDMI ARC (my Yamaha AVR requires to enable that as well. I don't know bout Sony's) and Bravia Sync in all devices your girlfriend should be setup for 90% of operations.

She may still need to have all remotes available, though. Like, for example, in case she switches off the BR Player and then the soundbar doesn't automatically switch back to the TV input. Volume and basic play commands should be managed by any of the 3 remotes.

profile.country.GB.title
PietreS
Explorer

Jumpsuit, when I can afford the AV Amplifier, I will be removing the soundbar. I have 5 x 150W Tannoy speahers, and 180W Yamaha Sub waiting to connect to it. Thanks for the advice, and I hooe to be out of the doghouse soon. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hiya

You're welcome :slight_smile:

The doghouse is my second home :grin: