Join now - be part of our community!

Picture anomaly/artifact in BETWEEN frames!

profile.country.GB.title
eliward3
New

Picture anomaly/artifact in BETWEEN frames!

Hi everyone. My first post here as I couldn't find any existing thread about this issue or anything similar. So here goes:

On my Bravia KD-49XD8099 I often notice a strange 'ghosting' artifact between frames. It's an instantaneous after-image, which is most noticeable when a bright scene cuts to a darker scene. Sometimes it's even noticable when a bright part of the scene is in motion across the screen. I should say, it doesn't look like a classic ghosting (is a slowly fading imprint of the previous image). Rather, it appears to be an irregular, white geometrical artifact. It appears and disappears so quickly that it's impossible to try to catch in a photo. And it's right on the edge of perception, but I'm 99% sure I'm not going crazy (despite what my wife says). It's noticable enough to be very irritating and does kind of ruin what is otherwise am awesome display.

Does anyone know what I'm on about? Any suggestions for settings/updates/fixes?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @eliward3,

it is probably one of the post-processing effects, which causes this effect.

What are your picture settings and effect settings?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
eliward3
New

Good question. Some settings photographed here.

I had played around with the 'Smooth/motion-flow' settings. The artifact is actually more noticable when 'Smooth-motion' is turned off.. which kind of makes sense to me as there is more time between frames (I understand  'Smooth-motion' interpolates &adds intervening frames?). But I don't like it turned up too high!

20180204_183656.jpg20180204_183736.jpg20180204_183807.jpg