Join now - be part of our community!

pink lcd screen

profile.country.GB.title
hugo2016
Explorer

pink lcd screen

Hi all , I got issue with my new bravia KD55XD8005 always next morning when I turn TV on I'm getting this pink screen problem it's connected via Hdmi to my satellite box I have to disconnect or I hold the power button on remote for 5 sec and all good after that. On my 7 years old sony I haven't got any kind of this problem I change hdmi cables and still it the same any ideas guys Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you have tried different HDMI cables, can you also try a different HDMI port?  Does this only happen on the satellite box? 

Also, have a look at the HDMI settings on the satellite box - see if you can disable HDMI-CEC functions and see if that works.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Stnerhno
New

I too recently purchased a 49'inch Bravia 800e At the 8 month mark it has developed a problem, when I turn it on. The picture comes up pink with no sound. It's feed is  a spectrum converter with a hdmi cord to hdmi 1 input . I've had spectrum change out the converter and they say the problemis in the TV set. I've had Best Buy come out and they say it is in The converter. my problem is still unresolved. I have to unplug the tv or the converter to get it to work! I put the converter on other sets on the same cable systems and no problems. Any suggestions. Totally unacceptable!

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Is this a US thing?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…