Join now - be part of our community!

Pixelation issue

profile.country.SE.title
MickeJGS
Explorer

Pixelation issue

What does SONY means with especially if you use a CI+ module smartcard

Or does SONY mean you can get pixelation issue on screen not using a CI+ module smartcard watching TV?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/xr-50x90j/article...

[quote]The pixelation issue might occur on the following TV models, especially if you use a CI+ module smartcard to watch TV. Make sure your TV series is included in the list below:[/quote]

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MickeJGS,

there was an issue with certain CAM/CI modules which caused macro blocking.

There has been an update today for many TVs, which has resolved this issue.

Which TV do you use?

- Nic

profile.country.SE.title
MickeJGS
Explorer

I have the XH90/X900H and i have some problems with pixelized screen for a few second, but watching through apple tv

How sony is describing the issue is what it looks on my screen... but i guess same issue can't be happening from other sources?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MickeJGS,

the pixelation you see is from your Apple TV playing a low resolution stream before the high quality version is buffered - completly other topic.

- Nic

profile.country.SE.title
MickeJGS
Explorer

How do you know it's low resolution from my Apple TV?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey MickeJGS, I just replied to your other thread, let's keep it in one place please.

profile.country.SE.title
MickeJGS
Explorer

pixels and green bars are 2 totally different issues with this tv

profile.country.SE.title
MickeJGS
Explorer

How sony is describing the pixelation issue , when i, at sometimes see individual square pixels on my TV screen for a couple of seconds or longer

Apparently you only can get the pixelation issue through a a CI+ module. If you get same pixelation issue on your TV screen watching from APPLE TV, then it's wrong with your APPLE TV nothing wrong with your TV!

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/xr-50x90j/article...

In February 2022, Sony has begun rolling out a new software update that solves occasional pixelation or blurring (also known as macro-blocking) when watching TV with a CI+ module. If you can sometimes see individual square pixels on your TV screen, please follow the steps in this article to get the new software update.

Note: The software update is rolled out gradually and its exact timing can differ depending on the TV model.

Step 1: Check the applicable TV models

The pixelation issue might occur on the following TV models, especially if you use a CI+ module smartcard to watch TV. Make sure your TV series is included in the list below:

• 2021 Sony Android TVs: X80J, X81J, X82J, X85J, X89J, X90J, X92J, X93J, X94J, X95J, A80J, A83J, A84J, A90J and Z9J Series
  • 2020 Sony Android TVs: XH90 and XH92 Series

apples.jpg

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MickeJGS,

because every streaming service shows this phenomenon. If a stream is not pre-buffered you might experience low resolution/pixelation/blocking for a few seconds until the high res or 4K stream kicks in.

I had this happen on Netflix and Amazon prime video, no matter if it was the app installed on the TV or via a FireTV stick or my Blu-Ray player connected via HDMI.

So from your description I am sure it is your Apple TV showing the low quality stream for a few seconds.

- Nic

profile.country.SE.title
MickeJGS
Explorer

I see not this kind of pixels with NETFLIX, PRIME, HBO or DISNEY

But all apps i see "live channels" 

I have about 5 of those apps, pixels issue on all 5, so i don't think it's a APPLE TV issue but a SONY issue, but SONY wount admit this as their issue, they can always blame on 3rd part how you connect something to the TV