Join now - be part of our community!

Problem playing music from PC to STR-DN1080 via DLNA

profile.country.CZ.title
jamie1

Problem playing music from PC to STR-DN1080 via DLNA

Following problem appears when playing music from my PC to STR-DN1080 via DLNA (ethernet): music is frequently interrupting. It only lasts a second and then the playback continues, but it's pretty annoying.

What I discovered so far: the problem seems to be related to the fact that there's also a HDMI connection between PC and STR-DN1080. The TV connected to AVR (KD-55XE9005) keeps (when being off) reconnecting to PC (as another display) and this seems to cause the DLNA playback interruption. PC display is blinking at the same time (when the audio is being shortly interrupted).

If I switch the TV on, the playback problem is gone, no more interruptions. (But naturally I'd like to avoid having to switch the TV on every time, if I only want to play music from PC to AVR.)

(Before upgrading to Sony AVR and TV, I used to own LG TV and Denon AVR and I had no similar issues when playing music from PC to AVR via. DLNA.)

My PC has Windows 10 Pro and graphic card is Asus GTX Titan Black - 6GD5.

I'm using J River Media Center to stream music to AVR.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

The problem is this. TV keeps waking up all the time causing a re-detection on the HDMI. Known a very long time. Sony is doing nothing about it.

profile.country.CZ.title
jamie1

OK, then it's clear. This also explains why the problem is gone when I switch the TV on.

Sounds crazy to me that Sony is not going to fix this...

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

You might want to read my review about Sony Android TV and the company they are today...

profile.country.CZ.title
jamie1

Not a nice reading... It's really sad.

Anyway... At least it would be good, if there's a TV screensaver during DLNA playback (via AVR).