Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with applying firmware to KDL-55W756C

SOLVED
Haradrim
Explorer

Problem with applying firmware to KDL-55W756C

Hello everyone

I bought yesterday a TV KDL-55W756C and want to upgrade to new firmware v2.637, but nothing is doing when I insert USB to TV(still running TV programm, also shows USB is inserted-choose music video picture), I tryed everything like some tips from this forum with two files (one original name of firmware and second file name upgrade_uploader.pkg)-but nothing.

Has anyone some tips how to solve it? or waiting until 25.december when it will be released.

Second question if PVR mode (recording tv and timeshift) will be available? (formating HDD ...)

And last how to correctly pull out USB stick without damaging him (I cannot find in menu or setup how to unpower this usb)

thank you for answers

16 REPLIES 16
AndrewCarpenter
Explorer

As a KDL user, i will suggest to NTFS formatiing for this issue. That will solve your problem of firmware with the KDL. 

profile.country.RO.title
Cyborg67
Explorer

Believe me, I already did that and nothing happened.

WilliamHill
Explorer

You need to consult the technical department of sony, I have faced many problems previously, but they solved all my problems.

profile.country.RO.title
Cyborg67
Explorer

I've already contacted Sony technical department of Bucharest - Romania since February 17, when the incident occurred. After several failed attempts were overwhelmed said. They told me that problem exceed the level of access to information and they will report the issue to a higher level. Since then it's been over a week and I received no response. My TV has become a piece of furniture!
So treats Sony  all its customers all over the world or they behave like this only withsecond hand” customers from east markets ? !!!

I still spent € 1,000 on this TV! This is a „little” expensive furniture!

profile.country.RO.title
Cyborg67
Explorer

However, maybe someone important from a higher level of Sony can look at this issue and helps me to overcome the situation!
All that I need is a software for downgrade the firmware  and make the TV working back again! Then I will reinstall the latest firmware by USB data stick!
Perhaps this is cause of the defect: the TV was updated from the Internet directly via wireless network!?!!

profile.country.RO.title
Cyborg67
Explorer

However, maybe someone important from a higher level of Sony can look at this issue and helps me to overcome the situation!
All that I need is a software for downgrade the firmware  and make the TV working back again! Then I will reinstall the latest firmware by USB data stick!

Perhaps this is cause of the defect: the TV was updated from the Internet directly via wireless network!?!!

What do you think Quinnicus?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cyborg67

As per PM

Ive passed this onto Sony for them to advise - unfortunately i dont have those instructions.

Cheers