Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

SOLVED
Gizzimodo
New

Problem with ITV Hub (ITV 1 channel) and 7 day TV scrollback

Can not scroll back 7 days anymore and ITV 1 Hub keeps asking for postcode even though it has been entered. Are they both connected ? Had a 24 hour power cut at the weekend, not sure if relevant. On scroll back says no information, will scroll back for the current day but not previous days. Says software is upto date - TV is latest Sony 49" . Was working fine on scroll back (never previously watched ITV Hub).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gizzimodo
New

In the end i recived a fix from both youview and ITV Hub, tried them both so not sure which one worked. Factory reset was kind of a last resort.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

107 REPLIES 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What is the model number of your TV?  If your TV was one of the models that was updated to the Marshmallow firmware a few days ago, have you tried a factory reset of your TV?  See instructions : HERE

Cheers

Gizzimodo
New

In the end i recived a fix from both youview and ITV Hub, tried them both so not sure which one worked. Factory reset was kind of a last resort.

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
neeshamjo
New

Hi, having exactly same issue on Sony Bravia.  ITV hub not allowing itv, saying region not located despite registering postcode.  Strangely all other channels working I.e. itv2 etc.  You view not going back more than about 12 hours, just showing no information.

Cleared cache on YV app and forced shut down to no avail.

anybody have fixes please?

profile.country.GB.title
Mr_Dartin

Press Home on your remote
Scroll down to 'Settings'
In the TV section scroll right to 'Apps'
Go to 'System Apps'
Hold the right button and scroll to end to 'YVServiceHostAPK'
Select 'Clear Cache' and press 'OK'
Then select 'Clear Data' and press 'OK'

It worked for mine, hope it helps

profile.country.GB.title
neeshamjo
New

Fantastic, it’s worked.

Thankyou very much.

profile.country.GB.title
davidaldersley
New

Cannot use youview on tv but other catch up channels are fine other than itv

SONY BRAVIA KD49XE8396

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

In what way ‘cannot’?

And if you cannot use YouView, then I would not expect you to get the All4 player either.

(‘Only’ 19 taps today)

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Mr_Dartin

Press home button.

scroll down to settings.

scroll down to apps.

scoll all the way down to YVServiceHost and press ok.

clear data and clear cache.

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
BTHart
Explorer

Not sure if this thread is still open but we are really frustrated with our Sony tele, the problem is as indicated above with respect to the itv hub not working, the fix is also as indicated above and does work however we are now having this problem 3/4 times per week ! I do not know what else to do basically we bought the tele based on Sony’s reputation however based on current performance not sure it was a wise choice !