Join now - be part of our community!

problem with native video player on andriod 8 Oreo Sony 55XF9005

profile.country.GB.title
Paolo188
Explorer

problem with native video player on andriod 8 Oreo Sony 55XF9005

having problems with native vedo app after oreo update , video app crushes and stuggles to play 4K videos from external media sources , when VLC is used all is well , ive tried to clear app data but it seams to be a temprol fix ,

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Paolo,

Welcome to the community.

I'll see if I can find this out for you. Maybe someone else in the community can help in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If, as the nickname suggests, you are Italian you may find out a workaround for it waiting for a fix from Sony. The problem is only related to DTS audio tracks not to any 4K video.

https://community.sony.it/t5/televisori/bravia-android-tv-aggiornamento-oreo-bug-list/td-p/2575074

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Not only DTS also AC3 aka Dolby Digital better yet any video file with multichanel audio 5.1 or 7.1 DTS or Dolby Digital will cause Video app to stop playing any other video file and even stop TV from outputting sound even after you switch back to TV Speakers...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

That is not what I see on my TV and are two different problems 
One is related to dts that  makes video crash the other is related to arc connection that makes the ht to emit no sound.
Two different workaround as well.
profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

@rooobb wrote:
That is not what I see on my TV and are two different problems 
One is related to dts that  makes video crash the other is related to arc connection that makes the ht to emit no sound.
Two different workaround as well.

I use optical connection to my audio system...when I start watching a movie through Video app everything plays fine but as soon as I switch from TV speakers to Audio system to get DTS 5.1 or DD 5.1 video starts stuttering and then it stops and after that it wont play any video file multichanel or not...forcing me to restart my TV...

Anyway I hope Sony will come up with update soon to fix all this audio problems...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try using archos player while waiting for the fix
profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

@rooobb wrote:
Try using archos player while waiting for the fix

Thanks for the tip,I've been using VLC but it wont send multichanel audio to my speakers...

I'll give it a try as soon as I'm back home...

profile.country.GB.title
Paolo188
Explorer

thanks Roob , though am not Itallian but i managed to traslate the thread , Sony needs to come up with a "bug"fix as its frastrating trying to enjoy good quality content 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi @Paolo188 as suggested while Sony is working on a fix, try enjoying  Archos Player that works flawlessy and has a UI far better than the stock app