Join now - be part of our community!

problematic wifi connection with KD-55S8505C TV

nidaye
New

problematic wifi connection with KD-55S8505C TV

hi guys, I have got this TV a bit less than a year ago. The problem with the wifi isn't new, but it drops increasingly often nowadays. I sometimes have to fix it manually every 5-10mins, which is quite annoying

Every time it happens, I figured there are 3 ways to "fix" it: 1. long press the On button on the remote to reboot the TV, 2. reboot the wireless router, 3. go into connection setting, forget the network and then re-connect to it by re-entering the password (the fastest way among these 3).

I have checked and verified that the connection issue is only with the TV, as I could use my other device such as IPad and computers without connection issue at the time when the connection drops on the TV. I can confirm that the automatic update for on and the software is up to date. Also, my wireless router is literally only 1 meter away from the TV, so I don't see how I can put them even closer.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you are probably aware, all sorts of things can interfer with Wifi connections, including other electronic equipment.  As your router is "literally only 1 meter away from the TV" - why not just use an ethernet cable?  You will get a much more stable connection.

Cheers

nidaye
New

Because it looks ugly and therefore even if I can bear with it, it won't be an acceptable solution for my wife unfortunately..